We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 person private charter

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 person private charter

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for a private charter for 6 long time girlfriends... we want an all day tour that will incorporate snorkeling, sandbar (sitting and drinking lol) and sunset cruise back. We were looking at Sebago and Danger but the all day tours return at 4pm so we wouldn’t be on boat for sunset...we are looking at Nov 3rd or 4th. We will be in Key West Nov 1st-5th.. can anybody give me a recommendation?

22 replies to this topic
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
11. Re: 6 person private charter

We went out with Capt Ally on Island to Island charters. Cruised around the keys, snorkeling, chilling on a sandbar and then a beautiful sunset. She is great; nice boat. Check out her reviews on tripadvisor and look at her page on Facebook.

Plymouth Ind
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
12. Re: 6 person private charter

We have used both Island to Island and Venus Charters. They both were wonderful and will customize the trip to fit your needs. We did snorkeling, sandbar and sunset. Highly recommend either one.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
13. Re: 6 person private charter

Interested...has anyone used Laid Back Key West with Captain Eric? We have plans to do that and has been recommended by Pier House concierge.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,475 posts
120 reviews
14. Re: 6 person private charter

Lee, one of the concierges at the Pier House, doesn't recommend anything he hasn't personally done himself, so I'd assume this would be OK (Does that boat have a head and would that make a difference?)

I keep reading these suggestions and everyone who gives one says that they had a good time, so this may be extraneous. I look primarily at the boat and try to think if I would be comfortable for a day on it . Are there places to get out of the sun for potentially everyone? Is there a place to stretch out if needed? Is there a head? Several of the boats in the suggested trips are cabin cruisers which for me don't look like I'd enjoy being on It for 6 or more hours. And it is so much nicer to sail in the waters around Key West that some of the enjoyment would be missing by just cruising from place to place. That's why, unless the cost was prohibitive, I'd go with either the Echo or something like it ---> https://dolphinecho.com/charter.html

Just FWIW

Pjk

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15. Re: 6 person private charter

Has a small head (mostly for the wife) and has a place to get out of the sun. Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
687 posts
35 reviews
16. Re: 6 person private charter

Pjk, that's so funny that a head is one of the things you look for.

Unless I'm on a huge boat, I don't care a bit about the head. On smaller boats, under 48 feet, they are small, hot, and claustrophobic.

I was doing a sailboat delivery from NC to Key West for race week years ago and our head broke 200 miles offshore in the middle of the delivery. Guess who had to fix it? Ick, gross, ick.

Flushing, New York
2 posts
17. Re: 6 person private charter

This charter sounds great! Do they do charters from 9am to 12:00 noon for group of six responsible men and young 10 year old son? Can you fish from the beach and grill what you catch? What was the cost and contact info.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,475 posts
120 reviews
18. Re: 6 person private charter

You're probably gonna have to be more specific than " this."

Pjk

Flushing, New York
2 posts
19. Re: 6 person private charter

Looking for a half day charter in March 2020, for group of 6 heterosexual male friends that will be in port from cruise. They would like to go to beach where they can swim, snorkel, and fish from beach. They want to grill fish caught for lunch if possible. Otherwise it would be catch n release. Charter needs to provide, chairs, umbrellas, refreshments, fishing gear and has to remain with group entire charter. Group doesn’t want to fish from boat. Hopefully. someone knows where we can get this charter.

Thanks

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,475 posts
120 reviews
20. Re: 6 person private charter

I wanted to get back. I don't think you're going to find a charter out of Key Wst that will provide everything you want and oddly enough, I think the chairs and umbrellas are the hardest part. And any of the smaller keys with a beach - Man or Woman key - are breeding grounds for fish so you're not likely to catch any keepers.

But you have plenty of time to keep looking. If you decide on a hotel in Key Wst you can email the concierge with your question. Otherwise you can check the web page of each of the companies mentioned in this post looking at the boat. A cruiser with an outboard motor is going to be too small for six and also provide what you are looking for. Same for the Javacat. For whatever is left find the "contact us" button and do so, copying and pasting your needs from your post. You might also add a request for other boats if they can't help. But see what each offers and if you have to eliminate umbrellas that may well be OK.

Pjk

Reply to: 6 person private charter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key West