We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

Ashburn, Virginia
8 posts
Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

We will be staying at the Bahia Mar next weekend and would like to know if there are any liquor stores close by. We are interested in purchasing Firefly vodka and hope liquor stores in the area carry it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

Do you mean Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka? I'm not familiar- but I can tell you that it is available in three sizes ( 750m- 1750m) ranging in price from $17.99-29.99 at ttheTotal Wine Superstore. at harbor Plaza on 17th St- our gigantic liquor mecca here in town.

It is not walking distance from Bahia Mar but you can get there Friday -Sunday on Sun Trolley.

There are a few small liquor stores within a walk of Bahia Mar but I don't know if they would carry it- Total Wine website shows that they have it- and well, they have just about anything you can think of there..and usually cheaper than anybody else.

Ashburn, Virginia
8 posts
2. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

Thank you! Firefly Sweet Tea vodka is exactly what I am looking for. They sell it here in Virginia. However, I don't want to have pack it in my luggage. I am excited to know there is a Total Wine there. We have them here as well. However, they do not sell liquor. :-(

We are renting a car. So, this should work out great. Again, thanks for this very helpful information.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

Unless you need/want to move your car for another reason , it would be so simple to get there by Sun Trolley- just look for a yellow and red trolley headed south on A1A and you wave it down anywhere on it route- it stops on demand. It goes into Harbor Shops and parks in front of Publix- the Total Wine is just a few doors down from Publix.

If you are out driving anyway , just turn south into Harbor Shops on 17th St at the traffic light next to the Embassy Suites Hotel ( Cordova Rd) just a couple of blocks west of the Intracoastal Bridge /Port Entrance.

Enjoy! I'm trying to decide what sweet tea vodka would taste like... hmm..

Ashburn, Virginia
8 posts
4. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

You should give it a try. It's very yummy. Imagine iced tea with a kick. :-) I like to mix it with some crystal light and a splash of water. Refreshing!

Thanks for all your help!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

I guess all Total Wines are not created equal! We are one of the fortunate places where the Total Wine sells not only wine but liquor as well. Their prices are better than you'll find ANYWHERE! Every so often one of the liquor stores will have a "special" and they still don't match Total Wine's prices.

Lulu - we might have tro check out the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka.......:)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

I think if I am not mistaken no hard liquor can be sold in any stores VA except in state supervised stores ( called ABC stores I think). So I think that may be why wine only at the Total Wine there. This of course all comes from my vague memories from my college days (Jjames Madison University) but I don't think that has changed.

As I have travelled around the US I have come across a few states with similar arrangements. It's funny , because we have liquor store chain , privately owned , here in FL called ABC Liquors and in Las Vegas there are some shops called ABC which are a branch of a Hawaiian chain that sell souvenirs and some liquor. It seems to confuse travellers from some states who think these are all government run because of the name... just another reason to be happy we live in Florida! Oh, and someone posted in the Las Vegas Forum just today asking where they could purchase Firefly there- it must be getting pretty popular- we will have to try it Abby- strictly fro research of course!! So far no one has answered the question in the Vegas Forum- I'm curious if it is hard to find in some places.

7. Re: Liquor store near Bahia Mar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 17:27
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale