We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski lift passes

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
Ski lift passes

Hi

Does anyone know whether you should pay for lift passes before you arrive in snow at Cardrona, NZ?

4 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,510 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
1. Re: Ski lift passes

im not a skier by choice, but this site may help you https://www.cardrona.com/winter/passes-rentals/

https://new.cardrona.com/lift-pass-packages

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
141 posts
140 reviews
144 helpful votes
2. Re: Ski lift passes

I'm here with the same question, I see that you can book in advance, but we prefer to show up and decide which days we want to skii, based on weather. We have 6 nights in Wanaka, and hope to skii 2 full days. But, we would hate to find the resort sold out. Does anyone know if you can get same day lift passes in July? Thanks.

Arrowtown, New...
Level Contributor
8,224 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: Ski lift passes

Last season Cardrona brought in a daily limit of people on the mountain. Their plan was that this would mean a better experience for all - without overcrowding the slopes - and I guess by encouraging pre-booking they'd be able to prepare and have an idea of how busy they would be.

From memory - there were mixed reports on how well it actually worked... ... hopefully more settled this season!!

So, whether to prebook now or on arrival - consider the dates that you are looking at. Are they during Aussie/ NZ school holidays??? Weekends? These are times that 'piste space' will be at a premium. Midweek - no school holidays - and no other big events (Pride week/ X-games etc) will obviously be less likely to 'sell out' quickly...

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
141 posts
140 reviews
144 helpful votes
4. Re: Ski lift passes

Good to know! We are arriving from Mt Cook July 14 and leaving for Ta Anu July 19. I guess I can check the weather before we arrive and book then. Thanks again!

Reply to: Ski lift passes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cardrona
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.