We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roaring 20s pizza restaurant

Northampton...
3 posts
Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

On US 301 in Ellenton near the Colony Cove Community there is a restaurant called the Roaring 20's Pizza restaurant. They have a huge organ that has pipes all over the inside of the dining room. I have been there quite a few times and throughly enjoyed it. My family and I are planning a trip to Venice and I would like to introduce my family to the restaurant. While discussing it with someone they told me that they think the restaurant is closed. Does anyone know anything about this. I don't want a waisted trip just to find the place closed.

Lois - in Northampton, PA

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
24 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

It is closed. I go past at least once a week, and there are for sale signs.

Northampton...
3 posts
2. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

Thank you so much for your response. It will save us a trip from Venice just to find the restaurant closed.

Hope I will be able to help you someday.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
24 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

Come back and leave a trip report after your trip! You may still want a trip to Ellenton to visit the outlet mall. There's a Peaches restaurant at the front of the mall that is good for lunch. A local chain that does breakfast and lunch only, with breakfast anytime.

Northampton...
3 posts
4. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

Mom & Dad moved to Ellenton in Colony Cove in 1974 and lived there for over 20 years and I was down every summer on vacation. Very familar with Ellenton area but will only be stopping for a couple of minutes at Mansion Memorial on our way from Venice to St Augustine. I loved the Ellenton / Bradenton area ... so friendly and filled with nice people. You can't walk into K-Marts without atlease 10 people saying hello to you and they aren't even greeters!.

The outlet mall is great but with the original Reading PA. outlets about 35 mi. away we are anxious to do things we can't do at home. Peaches is new for me and if we get a late start maybe we will do lunch. My favorite restaurant down there is the Crab Trap II, the staff was so Accommodating and friendly the last time that we were there and the food was fantastic. My son actually worked there when it was Leverocks.

The Roaring 20s was a unique place that both the kids and grandkids would have loved it. Sorry to see it gone.

We will definately be coming back to the Ellenton area on another vacation someday after we retire.

Thanks again so much for all your help.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
52,063 posts
20 reviews
18 helpful votes
5. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant
Save

I will look up this Crab trap place, anyone else rec it?

It is an hour drive to Ellenton Outlets from my place (well 55 mins the way I drive lol) so it would be good to find somewhere nice to eat- last time was Applebees ;-)

6. Re: Roaring 20s pizza restaurant

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Ellenton
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.