We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor store close to Hotel

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor store close to Hotel

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone could answer a question I have.

We're booked for the Fairfield inn and Suites Cruise and Airport location. Does anyone know if there is a liquor store within walking distance of the hotel? Or even a Liquor store within walking distance from any of the hotels close to the cruise port. I'm willing to cancel with Fairfield Inn for another hotel being close to a liquor store so that I can bring 2 bottles of wine on our cruise. Ha ha!

Thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,784 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

Interesting. Try looking at someplace off of 17th Street. Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place, Renaissance are all within walking distance of the Harbor Shops and Total Wine and More.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

Great- thank you. I will go take a look now.

Thanks again

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

There is no liquor store of any kind near Fairfield Inn. Seventeenth St, as Objets has said . is a better street for drugstores, restaurants, grocery and liquor stores. There is nothing really walkable from the Port itself- it is one of the largest Port facilities in the world and has a long access rd involving security gates . Sometimes people cruising on Princess are at a berth close enough to take a long walk and make it out to 17th T ( but the traffic inside the Port makes being a pedestrian not fun)., but the other lines buried so deep inside that no one I can think of would walk it. Some people get their taxi driver to stop at a liquor store like Total Wine along 17th St, but taxis charge wait time by the minuet to do it and I doubt a shuttle driver can deviate from his route/schedule- I assume you planned to be shuttled in by Fairfield. The Griffin Rd hotels are not good choices for finding food or shopping possibilities -. Good only to sleep shower and breakfast within the hotel. -nothing is walkabe from it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

Looks like I'm going to cancel our Fairfield Inn reservation and look for something on 17th Avenue now. The plan was to take a cab to the port from the hotel (No walking and pulling suitcase to the port for us...don't think my hubby would go for it either for how busy of a port it is. Not to mention safety as well with all the traffic) but I really wanted to stay at a hotel that was close to a liquor store so I could purchase 2 bottles of wine before we boarded our cruise.

Thank you for the excellent info- I'm going to research now and hopefully find something on 17th Ave.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

You know you can pull up the area on Google Maps and then search in the Google map search bar for a "liquor store" and they will pop up. It will also give you walking driving in public transportation directions between any two points, as in from your hotel to the liquor store.

And by the way, on Google maps you can search for something generic like the aforementioned "liquor store" or something specific like "Holiday Inn Express" or "Bob's big boy restaurant"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

Obviously I'm not bright enough to do a Google search with what you mentioned otherwise I would have done that.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will ensure to try Google FIRST before posting here.

Thanks again- have a great day.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor store close to Hotel

It's 17th St, not Avenue and Hyatt Place which I think would be a good choice, is actually located on SE 10th- as it is off 17th right next to Harbor Shops. What ship are you on? Many limit wine to a bottle per stateroom, not per occupant i think, but i can find you the written policy for your ship.

Besides Hyatt Place , other possibilities on Se !7th are Renaissance, Embassy suites, Holiday Inn Express ( check address for the right one as the names of HI Express are misleading as some have cruiseport in the name but are not near it)).

Hyatt Place has a shuttle into Port for a small fee ,but if there are two of you, it is IMO better to take a taxi and share the fare- probably only $15 or so total- the shuttle takes forever stopping at each ship and charges something per person. so the taxi is usually cheaper at one shared fare.Be aware that some hotels make you sign up for shuttle slot so you may end up having to go earlier or later than you would like. If you have Uber on your smart phone , it will be even cheaper than a taxi. and you can avoid what really is a mob scene on cruise morning in most shuttle lobbies ( the breakfast room get crazy too- you may want to walk toJoe's Diner in Harbor Shops enroute to Total Wine and have a calmer breakfast there.

A remodeled hotel, Four Points Sheraton, should be opening soon a bit further west on 17th St and may have good prices and shuttle policies to attract customers - and there is a liquor store across the street..

Reply to: Liquor store close to Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dania Beach