We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Fall Trip 2024

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
Planning Fall Trip 2024

I'm planning a trip for this Fall from 9/9/24-9/18/24. I'll be flying in and out of GJT. But, it will be my first time flying in and out of this airport. I'll be flying into GJT around 8:00pm and need a hotel near the airport for that night. Do any of the nearby hotels operate shuttles to and from the airport? Can I pick up a rental car at the airport after 8:00pm? Any recommendations for a hotel or car rental in the airport? I'm sure I'll have additional questions. But, this will get me started. Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
267 reviews
189 helpful votes
1. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Here is a link to the airport car rentals - it has the local phone numbers of the individual companies. I would contact them and find out if they are going to be open when your flight arrives. The hotels don't seem to offer shuttles like they were prior to covid. https://gjairport.com/Ground_Transportation

Edited: 05 June 2024, 04:07
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Thanks SusieLou. As long as I can pick up a car, that will work. If not, I suppose I can get a taxi to the hotel. I think I'll stay at La Quinta overnight. It's only about a mile from the airport. I'll then head to Moab the next day.

BA
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
853 posts
401 reviews
265 helpful votes
3. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

We have family in the area and regularly stay (we visit about every other year) at the clarion in by the airport. Nice place that is well priced. It has a hotel shuttle, but I’m not sure if it runs all day or just certain times. We used it last year in the morning to the airport so it’s still running since Covid.

I also recommend (as someone else mentioned) calling about the rental hours. We got a ride from the airport from family the night we arrived. The next morning we took the shuttle over to get our rental. They didn’t open for another hour. We booked through Budget and had it on our reservation when to pick it up. They told us they just changed their hours recently and corporate must not have updated it. It wasn’t a big deal. It was nice out so we just sat outside for an hour. And we got a premium suv upgrade instead of a minivan for waiting and being understanding.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Thanks for the information. I believe my flight arrives between 8:00pm and 8:30pm.

Colorado
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
15 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

The last time I was at the airport waiting for a taxi late at night, I am sure I saw 1 or 2 hotel shuttles come by. This was very late at night, like close to midnight. I would check with the various hotels about their shuttles.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Thanks, cruzncouple. I will.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Does GJT use walkways to connect airport gates to planes or do you walk outside and climb stairs onto the plane? Thanks.

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
12,161 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Jetways

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Planning Fall Trip 2024

Thanks, Keith.

Reply to: Planning Fall Trip 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Junction
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.