We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a late check out

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with a late check out

Hello can anyone recommend a hotel with a late check out (around 5.pm) either Santa Monica or another area close to transport we fly out at 9.30pm.

Palihouse Santa Monica
Palihouse Santa Monica
#1 of 36 hotels in Santa Monica
Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Huntley Santa Monica Beach
#3 of 36 hotels in Santa Monica
The Ambrose
The Ambrose
#7 of 36 hotels in Santa Monica
7 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,716 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with a late check out

Here's a link to day rates for hotels and how to book them:

https:/…los-angeles

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,923 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with a late check out

Many hotels will allow for late check out with a $79-$129 fee.

There are no hotels that allow that late of a check out without charging - none.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
935 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with a late check out

A lot of hotels if you stay at when you check out and your not going to stay another night will hold your stuff for you..until you leave.. If you ask.. I have stayed at many hotels in la and left way after check out sometimes even 11pm and i ask them if they wilk hold it for me.. I have not encounter a problem in doing that...as long as you stayed at that hotel..

Many hotels will give you a ticket so when you come back you can retrieve your stuff alot if hotels do that if you arrive to early and room is not ready they will hold your stuff too.. I usually stay at bestwestern or a choice hotel property ..stayed at the holiday inn and a marriots and few others in la never had any problems with a hotel i stayed at leave my stuff after i checked out thean came back and got it when i was ready to go..

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,923 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with a late check out

If you stay at a hotel with a spa, like Loews or Fairmont, you can shower before your flight. It's true that most hotels will hold your bags until you are ready to leave for the airport. Just tip them.

Level Contributor
38,522 posts
1,008 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with a late check out

The latest we have ever got has been 2:00 with a package. If you have American Express Platinum and book through them, a late check-out (4:00) is included as one of the amenities. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with a late check out

Thanks everyone I will ask if we can pay extra for late checkout it would be nice to have a shower before our long flight.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
935 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with a late check out

What hotel are you planning to stay at? Yes it is good to ask...usually from my experience with late check out is 1 or 2 pm after that they charge a fee or charge for another night...

Reply to: Hotel with a late check out
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted