We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from San Rafael to Yountville

New York City, New...
1 post
Transport from San Rafael to Yountville

Hello!

I'm heading to my mom's house in San Rafael this spring and then will be meeting some friends in Yountville. Is there an easy way to get between the two? My mom could easily drive me to a bus station within a short distance, but as she'll be watching my 2 year old while I enjoy a weekend of wine with my girlfriends, I don't want to ask her to schlep me all the way up to Yountiville!

Thanks so much!

3 replies to this topic
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Transport from San Rafael to Yountville

Can your friends pick you up in San Rafael on their way to Yountville? There are no direct buses from Marin County to the Napa Valley. One option would be to take a bus to Petaluma and then another to Sonoma if your friends could meet you there.

Otherwise, you will have to take a series of bus routes through El Cerrito, Vallejo, and Napa which would take over three hours to complete. That would be on a weekday, weekends would probably take longer since the buses are less frequent. You could save some time if you made the trip during weekday commutes since you could connect directly to a Napa commuter bus in El Cerrito.

You can plan and see the route if you go to: tripplanner.transit.511.org/ and enter your information.

Edited: 17 March 2012, 13:56
Near San Francisco
Level Contributor
60 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Transport from San Rafael to Yountville

ask your mom to drive you part way and have your friends meet you there. there is no easy way to use public transportation between the two towns.

California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Transport from San Rafael to Yountville

Where will your friends be coming from? It is easiest for them to pick you up along the way, as bus service to Yountville is minimal.

If they are coming up Highway 101, i.e. they are coming from San Francisco, they can pick you up directly in San Rafael.

If they are coming via the East Bay, they can pick you up at El Cerrito del Norte BART Station. To get there, you can catch Golden Gate Transit Routes 40 or 42 from San Rafael. Buses run daily every 30-60 minutes.

See http://www.goldengate.org for more information. The one-way bus fare is $4.25 cash ($3.40 with a Clipper card).

Reply to: Transport from San Rafael to Yountville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Rafael