We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
5 reviews
Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

Can anyone recommend a decent Hotel in the Barmouth area?

All I seem to find is dated/shabby looking B&B's!

We are after a modern hotel please!

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Geraldine, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
1. Re: Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

Try the Lawrenny Lodge. I stayed there a few weeks ago and found the rooms to be beautifully presented. The main lounge/ reception/bar is small and homely with a half decent selection of single malt whisky. the rooms and clean, well appointed (especially the rooms overlooking the estuary). The only bit of the place that lets it down is the staircase/landing, but as you are hardly loitering in that area I can easily overlook that.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
2. Re: Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

We are currently staying at The Tilman Hotel in Barmouth. It is very modern, in a great location and the toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities are fab. Its only our first night here, so wont be posting a review until next week. It is definitely a good so far though! https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

3. Re: Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 August 2018, 10:36

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
164 reviews
4. Re: Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!

Well I wouldn't say the Tal-Y-Don is a modern hotel, actually quite the opposite but it has atmosphere in abounds, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast (included in the tariff) is wonderful. We also had one of the best Sunday roast lunches we have ever had. Probably not what you are looking for but I thought I'd give it a plug.

www.tal-y-don.co.uk

Reply to: Decent Hotel in Barmouth?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barmouth