We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review was pulled

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
My review was pulled

So even tho the owners cancelled my reservation on my vacation rental i reserved through Tripadvisor less than 23 hours before checkin, I thought Tripadvisor was credible because I received my full refund the next day. HOWEVER, i posted a bad review of the owners about my experience. It was reviewed and posted by Tripadvisor. I received an email telling me my review was posted, and I double checked, and it was there. Today i recieve an email from Tripadvisor telling me they cannot post my review because it happened "during the reservation process or before arrival." SO, the way I see it, the owners saw my bad review and complained to Tripadvisor so they pulled my review. So basically, the reviews on Tripadvisor are not reality. How can it not be relevant, and how can Tripadvisor tell me they dont like when owners cancel on short notice, but then pull a bad review. Everything boils down to money. The owners pay to use tripadvisor, but i dont pay to post a bad review.

12 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
304 reviews
1. Re: My review was pulled

You might want to post this in the TripAdvisor Support forum; the regulars there may have some advice on how to submit the review so it will be accepted. You are still showing one pending review that hasn't posted.

Edited: 22 May 2018, 03:04
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: My review was pulled

Thanks, but my review was posted, i confirmed it. They pulled it after the owners complained.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: My review was pulled

There are many, many negative reviews on Tripadvisor. They will not pull a review unless it fails to meet the guidelines. I'm guessing, in your case, it was because you were never a guest. Yes, the fact that they cancelled at the last minute is relevant but they have to draw the line somewhere or the reviews would be flooded with "bad customer service" complaints from people who never stayed there.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: My review was pulled

I disagree they would be "flooded with bad reviews of people who never stayed there." My review was relevant. They had accepted my reservation, and my full payment. I am not just a person posting bad reviews of places i didnt stay. And tripadvisor has proof, because they are the ones that had to refund my payment. So they knew I wasnt a rogue poster.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: My review was pulled

Well, obviously your prerogative to disagree with the guidelines or why they exist or whether it should apply to you. But if your submission doesn't meet the guidelines, then regardless of relevancy, the property owner has the right to request that the guidelines be enforced. That's all I'm pointing out, based on your accusation that TA pulled a review simply because it was a bad review for a property that TA has vested interest in.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: My review was pulled

I wasn't disagreeing with guidelines, I was disagreeing with your comment that TA " would be "flooded with bad reviews of people who never stayed there."

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: My review was pulled

These people RUINED my vacation, notifying me less than 23 hours prior to my arrival in May. They had accepted my reservation in March. I had fully paid my reservation in April. I even spoke directly to the owner on the phone 6 days prior to my arrival, and he said NOTHING about the supposed double booking. Had they bothered to check their existing bookings before they accepted my booking request, then this never would have happened. Tripadvisor posted my review. They sent me an email, saying they did not approve of owners cancelling last minute. They POSTED MY REVIEW, then took it down after the owners complained. So what, TA didn't follow their own guidelines when they initially posted my review? Bunch of crap.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: My review was pulled

Additionally, the following guidelines state "to help ensure authenticity".....well they knew my review was authentic, they had to refund my money. So removing my review based on this guideline is not in line with their corporate model of "helping other travelers." Their guideline for vacation rentals: We kindly ask that you write about your experiences after you check in to your vacation rental. To help ensure authenticity in our reviews, we currently don’t accept submissions that occur during the reservation process or before arrival at the property.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: My review was pulled

I give up. I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by complaining to this particular forum. While I'm sorry, truly, that this happened to you, no one in this forum has ANY control over TA guidelines.

I suggest you communicate your obvious frustration with TA through the "Help us make TripAdvisor better!" Forum here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: My review was pulled

This is the link TA emailed me to post in this forum.

Reply to: My review was pulled
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Prescott