We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are some good close by hiking trails?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
33 reviews
What are some good close by hiking trails?

Looking for moderate difficulty preferably. Thumb Butte, Copper Basin, Lynx Lake, Peavine Trail?

6 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,134 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

Don’t miss Watson Lake

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

Hi SJDE— we visit Prescott all the time... plan to retire there... we love golf and hiking.. my vote is for Lynx Lake, Thumb Bute and of course Groom Creek Loop Trail... do you mountain bike at all? I would recommend that you look into the Wiskey Off Road... it is organized by Epic Rides.. awesome experience!! When we bike, we stay at my favorite hotel (Forest Villas Hotel) because they are so AWESOME and they have a bike wash station set up for the bike races .. love this place.. hope you get to enjoy Prescott as much as we do.

Edited: 15 February 2018, 10:28
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
3. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

Constellation Trails are wonderful, but not too difficult. It's in the boulders, and you feel like you're miles outside of town, but it's actually very close in. Trailhead parking is off of Hwy 89, across from the Len Phippen Museum.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
678 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

We hiked around Watson Lake. It was awesome. I would definitely do it again. Takes a long time to go around the entire lake but was worth it.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

We were there for a month in June. My husband found numerous trails of various lengths and difficulty around Lynx Lake. He did others too.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
6. Re: What are some good close by hiking trails?

We have over 300 miles of trails accessible from downtown. You might want to get a map at any bike shop or hiking store and start there.

Reply to: What are some good close by hiking trails?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Prescott