We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Would an hour be enough time to check in for a flight? I'll only have a carry on. My hotel says it's a small airport only takes people about 10 minutes to check in. I'm trying to decide if I want to squeeze a tour in the morning before I leave. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15,676 posts
324 reviews
867 helpful votes
1. Re: How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Yes, your hotel is correct - it is a small airport.

But, you still have to meet airline check-in times. Do you have to return a car?

Edited: 1 year ago
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Good point. The airline says the check in counter closes 45 minutes prior to departure. Also, I've hired a car through my hotel to drop me off at the airport. Thanks!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
83 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Something else to think about - I don't know where your hotel is, but if you are staying anywhere with wild animals about....sometimes we have had to stop for 20 minutes on the way to HDS waiting for a buffalo or elephant to get out of the road!

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)

Thank you! That's a good point! I'm back from the trip. It was great and I can't wait to go back. I had no issues at the airport. And hour was sufficient time to check, buy a few gifts at the gift shop and take a bathroom break. Thanks everyone for the input!

Reply to: How Busy Is Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hoedspruit
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.