We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or Moholoholo?

Ciudad de la Costa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Tour of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or Moholoholo?
Save

Hi! My familiy and I (kids aged 13 and 10) will do a day's drive around the Panorama Route in September. I'm thinking of visiting the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre and/or the Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. My questions are:

1. Is it worth visiting both or should we choose only one (given we'd be doing these activities on the same day)? If only one, which one would you recommend?

2. I'm thinking of booking the guided tours they do in each of these centers (each lasting around 2 hours). Would it be worth doing both guided tours, or would that be too much for just one day? Again, if we should choose just one, which one would you recommend?

If there are any other activities around the Panorama Route you'd definitely recommend for kids, suggestions are welcome! Our day's drive'll be from Hazyview.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
222 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Tour of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or Moholoholo?
Save

We stayed for two nights inside the Hoedspuit Endangered Species Center.....if you can, do it....we had a wonderful 3 bedroom house, very reasonable. Animals walking by, as it is inside Kapama game reserve....we did the tour and loved it...we had our granddaughter with us.....nice to see animals we missed inside Kruger...tour was very informative....enjoy 🐆🐘🐯🐃🐗

Edited: 4 years ago
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
305 posts
273 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Tour of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or Moholoholo?
Save

Our family really enjoyed the Moholoholo experience. My children were slightly younger at the time and learnt so much. Enjoy the drive from Hazyview!

Reply to: Tour of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or Moholoholo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hoedspruit
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.