We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Pohnpei

C S
Terrace, Canada
3 posts
Travel to Pohnpei

Are there any flights to and from Pohnpei - North America more direct than United's flights through Japan?

We visited Ponape decades ago and island hopped between Hawaii, Majuro, Ponape, Truk and Guam. It was delightful - we're dreaming of going again.

8 replies to this topic
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
425 posts
99 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

you have to take united from honolulu with stops or from guam with stops.

C S
Terrace, Canada
3 posts
2. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

Thanks - I was having a hard time finding info about The flights!

Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
52 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

I copied this from a reply I posted under another question. There is only United. I just returned about 4 weeks ago from my trip. Kosrae, Yap and Palau. Kosrae is fantastic! You should consider this as a stop. I left a piece of my heart there.

4. Re: How to plan a trip to Kosrae.

Apr 27, 2013, 11:56 AM

I am currently working on booking a trip myself and although Kosrae was not originally in my plan, it is now due to the following discovery in the air travel. As noted United is the only choice. You can call them at 877-729-7282 and use option 3 for the world desk. Ask for information on the “Visit Micronesia” program. For those who have read about the “Micronesia air pass” please note that program no longer exists. Also you can inquire about the “Island Hopper”, which I do not remember the details on that, as it did not fit my needs, so I did not retain that information.

With the “visit micornesia” program you can fly from Honolulu or Guam and for $620.00 you get 2 stops with the island choices being Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae and Pohnpei. The next level is 3 stops with the above islands and add Truk to the choices at $850.00. The next level the 4 stop is all the mentioned islands plus Yap, Palau, Saipan and Guam at $1,060.00. Plus tax and fees on all prices so the bottom line is unknown. The agent at United could not give me any idea what it may be and they will only send your request for ticketing and final price once you have your international ticket into the HNL or GUM. I will up date when I get to that point. I re-confirmed that the price includes the flight from HNL to which ever island you end up picking and they said yes. The travel must originate outside the area and be booked after (or with if you are using United) you purchase your international ticket into the area which HNL is part of that.

If you are familiar with or read about the old “air pass” program you had to have a flight on a Star Alliance partner for that deal. This new program you do not. Good news there.

The flight number for the route is 154 from HNL and 172 to HNL. If you are trying to figure this out on United website the easiest thing to do is put in one way, WITH optional travel dates (as flights only operate on certain days) and put island to island. It takes longer but otherwise often it will not come up at all depending on just what your travel plans are from island to island. Currently flights from HNL are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, (for the chain of island between HNL and GUM) but returns with regard to Kosrae are Monday and Friday.

C S
Terrace, Canada
3 posts
4. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

Thanks for all the details. Kosrae sounds intriguing!

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

thank you so much for this information! I've been struggling to find details

Volcano, Hawaii
2 posts
6. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

hi

Volcano, Hawaii
2 posts
7. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

my name is jalane

Greenville, South...
1 post
8. Re: Travel to Pohnpei

When to travel to pohnpei?

Reply to: Travel to Pohnpei
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pohnpei
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.