We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pohnpei travel

Yaren
Level Contributor
143 posts
196 reviews
98 helpful votes
Pohnpei travel

I have a 13 hr stopover in Pohnpei in daylight hours

How long to visit Nan Madol?

How long to go around the Island driving at leisurely pace?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Pohnpei travel

3 hours should be enough, including the visit.

Yaren
Level Contributor
143 posts
196 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Pohnpei travel

Sweet!

Thanks for your response

Yaren
Level Contributor
143 posts
196 reviews
98 helpful votes
3. Re: Pohnpei travel

My plane was delayed so I only had 2 hrs of Sunlight. The road is poor in places, and not well-signposted but asking locals had mixed results. It is still a good 30 mins from the Nan Madol Village, and if you are returning to Kolonia at night (like I had to) the return trip will be take longer as depth perception is less good at night meaning you cannot spot the potholes as fast. $3USD at the house at the top of the road to Nan Madol then $4USD when you get there. The family are very helpful and can act as a guide if you wish.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Pohnpei travel

I have a stopover in Pohnpei this coming January. It's overnight, unfortunately, so I'm wondering if it will be possible to see Nan Madol. Our flight leaves at 3:20pm, so I'm hoping that we could find someone to take us super early in the morning, so that we would have five hours total to get there, look around, and get back. Does that seem feasible? I'm planning to ask some hotels if they would be able to suggest/provide a guide, but if you have any leads, that would be great.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Pohnpei travel

And a follow up question: How early did you arrive at the Pohnpei airport before your flight? Is two hours enough time? It seems like three would be excessive, since it's a small airport, but we obviously don't want to miss our flight.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
425 posts
99 reviews
75 helpful votes
6. Re: Pohnpei travel

yes 2 hrs is more than enough. check in times are set my united HQ which allows the computer system to book people in

Reply to: Pohnpei travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pohnpei
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.