We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can alcohol drinks be purchased in Kosrae

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Can alcohol drinks be purchased in Kosrae

I have heard that Kosrae is a very Christian location. Are alcoholic drinks like beer and wine sold anywhere on the island or do I have to bring in duty free from the mainland.

2 replies to this topic
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
425 posts
99 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Can alcohol drinks be purchased in Kosrae

i think u need to get a permit or something...but i think you can. never been there so i am no expert but ive heard that. just to be safe, i would bring some.

Sue
Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
165 posts
35 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Can alcohol drinks be purchased in Kosrae

Yes, alcohol drinks can be purchased in Kosrae. But, on Sundays, it is against Kosrae law to sell alcohol. If you have some in your room, you can drink alcohol, on Sundays, as long as it is not in public. So, Monday-Saturday you can purchase drinks. It is also against the law, on Sundays, to fish or collect shells. You cannot scuba dive, but you can snorkel, as long as men wear a shirt and women wear modest clothing.

Reply to: Can alcohol drinks be purchased in Kosrae
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kosrae
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.