We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

I have groups going to Kosrae from China, but I am facing US visa problems as we had wanted to go via Guam!

Can anybody help to recommend how I can get to Kosrae without going through US territory? I found a route that goes from China-Manila-Palau-Kosrae (Palau-Kosrae by chartered flights) however, does anybody know how I can reach the charterers? And what is the cost?

Please advise soonest. Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
52 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

I just came back from Kosrae and I did not hear of any charter flights. The only way I know of is United via Guam unless there is some other flights that go to Chukk or Phonphei, without going through Guam. Then you could get the United flight from there to Kosrae. But again I did not hear of any such flights while on island and did not find any such thing when planning my trip.

What I can tell you is, it is worth all the effort to get to Kosrae. It is beautiful and the people are very kind and the diving is great as well as snorkeling. Plus there are beautiful hikes and water falls and kayaking the mangroves.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
20 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

Unless things have changed you either go to Honolulu or to Guam. I don't think that you can bly any place else from Chuuk where you stop on the way to Guam. For a while there was a flight directly to Manila from Pohnpei but I think that is long gone. It is possible that something may turn up from there. Or to the Marshall Islands. Occasional startup airlines will try to make direct flgihts to some of the other islands, bypassing Guam. They are risky however since they never seem to last long.

Edited: 10 years ago
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
20 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

And a quick look at the possible airports suggests that no- you must go through a US port.

Kosrae, Federated...
4 posts
4. Re: How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US

The suggestion of using Our Airline via Brisbane to the Marshall Islands and then United on the hop from Majuro to Kosrae might be your best bet to avoid Guam.

Reply to: How to get to Kosrae without transiting intop US
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kosrae
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.