We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed urgently....

Help needed urgently....

I have groups going to Kosrae from China, but I am facing US visa problems as we had wanted to go via Guam!

Can anybody help to recommend how I can get to Kosrae without going through US territory? I found a route that goes from China-Manila-Palau-Kosrae (Palau-Kosrae by chartered flights) however, does anybody know how I can reach the charterers? And what is the cost?

Please advise soonest. Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Kosrae, Federated...
2 posts
1. Re: Help needed urgently....

Hi Michaelabelarde :

Unfortunately, we still have not have any direct route into Federated States of Micronesia which will bypass Guam as a US territory. The airline routes are all link to Guam as a hub in our region.

If you can find out about Our Airline which sometimes service between Australia, Nauru, Kiribati and Marshall Islands, you can get a connection from those islands in to Kosrae. Other than that, going thru Guam is basically the only option.

Also, sorry that you may need to go thru the Visa application in order to transit thru Guam. That is what most people do coming from your side and its a requirement by US Federal laws.

Thanks and hope it helps. Best of luck.

Kosrae, Federated...
2 posts
2. Re: Help needed urgently....

Hi There:

If your groups are Chinese nationals, they are required to get US visa to pass thru Guam as Guam is the hub for most of Micronesia's air routes. Most of airlines stops in Guam before passengers transit into routes throughout Micronesia. There is one possible option but its off the regular routes which is a route coming up from South from Australia and Nauru, Kiribati and Marshall Islands but I am not so sure if this route is still active, it is worth a check. Try to search Our Airline and see their schedule if it will work for your group.

Other than that, you will really need to get visa from US which most Chinese are doing nowadays. Believe me, it will be worth while for your group.

Thanks and hope it helps.

3. Re: Help needed urgently....

Thank you so much.

Reply to: Help needed urgently....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kosrae
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.