We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aitutaki Lagoon Cruise options

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
Aitutaki Lagoon Cruise options
Save

We'll be staying at Aitutaki Village from May 3rd-6th 2024.

I see there are a few options for cruises. I'd like a comfortable larger boat that's not overly crowded, but I don't want a private charter. Vaca cruise looks nice but I've read the music can be loud and constant which may be sensory overload for me. I'd like some music but not for the entire trip, with the option of not being right next to the musicians if it's too loud.

I'd like to go to at least 1 good snorkel spot & One Foot Island allowing an hour minimum there. Lunch included & alcohol available too. I love taking catamaran snorkle trips in the Caribbean so am not sure how these will compare.

Thanks for some advice on which cruise to take. I'm open to 1/2 or full day.

1 reply
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central, New Zealand, North Island, Cook Islands
Level Contributor
28,654 posts
140 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Aitutaki Lagoon Cruise options
Save

Bishops have their own cruise boats. They own Aitutaki village, and you may receive a discount on their large aluminium cat, as house guests. Bishops also own the licenced cafe and post office on One Foot islet.

I've never experienced a less than brilliant Vaka cruise. Nice wooden, spacious vessel. Snorkelling stop, BBQ lunch onboard. Visit to One Foot island. Live entertainment on the return to Ootu beach.

Reply to: Aitutaki Lagoon Cruise options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.