We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our visit was wonderful!

Bentonville...
Level Contributor
96 posts
103 reviews
64 helpful votes
Our visit was wonderful!

Not so much a question as a mini trip report. We stayed 6 wonderful nights at the Pacific Resort Aitutaki. the manager who picked us up at the airport told us the population of Aitutaki is around 1,200 and at any one time there are only around 300 tourists on the island. We have traveled all over the world and I have to say this was an experience that will be hard to beat. I have wanted to travel to the South Pacific my entire life, and when I found out Hawaiian Airlines was beginning service to RAR, I booked our trip as soon as the reservations opened up. Aitutaki is a magical place, and we are already planning a trip back next year, hopefully. The people of Aitutaki are all so happy and welcoming! The only downside of our trip was when I began to research buying property in Aitutaki and I discovered that non-Cook islanders are not allowed to be property owners. Understandable, but disappointing. The Cook Islands, and in particular Aitutaki, is a difficult place to travel to but that is a plus in my book.

Thank you for allowing us to visit your paradise!

Edited: 21 October 2023, 00:23
2 replies to this topic
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central, New Zealand, North Island, Cook Islands
Level Contributor
28,679 posts
140 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Our visit was wonderful!

Kia Orana elc2414,

Many thanks for advising the forum of your visit to Aitutaki. It is an idyllic paradise, and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Pacific Resort Aitutaki.

I will add this post to the Aitutaki trip report panel. Meitaki maata.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
39 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Our visit was wonderful!

Hi elc2414

Glad to hear you enjoyed you trip to the Pacific Resort. We don’t seem to get many trip reports from Aitutaki and I must admit it brought back some wonderful memories of our stay in 2019, I still remember the views over the ocean while having breakfast in the Rapae Bay and the sunsets over dinner.

We would have loved to return but the journey from the UK is a bit more complicated than it was when we went (LHR – LAX – Raro) with extra stops now making the journey even longer.

Reply to: Our visit was wonderful!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.