We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sai Thong Resort

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
Sai Thong Resort

Hi all,

We are thinking of staying at Sai Thong resort in Koh Tao.

We have heard great things about it - location, beaches.

However we have also heard that its pretty unclean and there are insects everywhere, the bungalows are basic.and have not been cleaned for ages - years???

We dont expect the ritz, and expect basic accommodation as a substitute for a great location but if the rooms are neglected then we probably would not stay there.

Any feedback would be appreciated??!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Sai Thong Resort

Any help or experience on the above resort would be great!!!!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
53 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Sai Thong Resort

Hi

The thing with the Koh Tao forum is that very few people return to it for prolonged periods after their answers/trip so I'd guess with such an isolated resort you may not get any up to date information, other than the reviews. You could always contact a few of the recent reviewers and ask them the question directly.

Having visited Tao many times I can say I've only gone past this resort on a boat and have never visited in person. I would say one thing though, if isolation is your quest then you will surely get it here.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 07:56
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Sai Thong Resort

good advice thanks.

4. Re: Sai Thong Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao