We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage storage near the pier

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
luggage storage near the pier

Hello! We arrive at Donsak pier at 9.30am and can’t check in at our villa until 2pm. There‘s nowhere to store luggage at our accommodation so our host let us know there’s a luggage facility next to the 7/11 near the pier. Has anyone left their stuff here? Is it indoors? Secure? Expensive? Thanks for any info!

10 replies to this topic
Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
342 posts
1. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Sorry, are you talking about Koh Samui or Koh Tao? Donsak pier is on Samui.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Confused me too! But Donsak pier is on the mainland Big Blue,... 555

I thought it was for KT, so left it for you!

Perhaps Amy could clarify!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Hmmm...my partner told me the pier was called Don Sak - better check our ferry booking! I mean on Koh Tao. Were traveling from Koh Samui to KT, arriving at 9.30am. Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Better to say which ferry company as well because the different piers are spread out about 15 minutes walk from each other.

Surprised that your hotel doesn't let you leave your bags there...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: luggage storage near the pier

We’re traveling with Lompraya. We’re not staying in a hotel but a villa through AirBnB with no reception area or place to store luggage prior to check-in. We asked the owner and he recommended this luggage facility, which is apparently next to the 7/11, near the pier, as per my original post.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
342 posts
6. Re: luggage storage near the pier

From Facebook -

" Koh Tao now has a luggage storage. So if you have any friends/customers leaving on a night boat or doing a day trip to Nangyuan and need a place to drop off their bags/ +shower. Now open everyday from 8am - 8pm.

Price:

Storage is 40 baht/item (any size)

There is also a locker for 20 baht

Shower is 50baht/ person (soap+shampoo provided). Towel is 20 baht extra.

We are located right up the street 20 meters from 7/11 (next to the Pharmacy).

Google map - ‘Koh Tao luggage storage’"

And Donsak is on mainland, my brain still sleeping today I guess!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Sounds good. Thanks @BigBlueRep.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
81 reviews
8. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Well that's sort of settled ! But not wanting to add more confusion, which this might, but Lomprayah does not leave from Donsak! (only Seatran and Raja ferries do from two different terminals, which are about a kilometer apart.)

So, Amy, make absolutely sure you get on the bus for Lomprayah ferry, as that terminal is much closer to Surratthani city... than the other two.

Not sure if you arriving airport or train station, but there should be a Lomprayah desk to ask and you'll be directed to the bus/ or maybe van and that will get you to the Lomprayah pier and on to Koh Tao!

Good luck!

Edited: 06 November 2018, 19:32
Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
342 posts
9. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Amy, is your villa in Sairee?

If so you're more than welcome to leave your things at Big Blue in our reception area, for free of course. Tell them Steven said it was okay!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: luggage storage near the pier

Hi Jim P! Thanks for the clarification. I was totally confused about the name of the pier. We’re not leaving from the mainland! We’re traveling from Samui to KT. Arriving in Samui by air. So we don’t need to go anywhere near Donsak actually. For some reason my partner thought the name of the pier on Koh Tao was Donsak for some reason. This is our second time to Koh Samui and Koh Tao so we‘ve used Lompraya once before with no trouble. Should be fine!

@BigBlueRep That’s so nice of you. Thanks! We’re not staying in Sairee though. Our villa further south, bit inland from Sai Nuan beach? It’s an area of Koh Tao I don’t think I’ve really been to before.

Reply to: luggage storage near the pier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao