We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive Companies and Snorkellers

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Dive Companies and Snorkellers

We are going next April and the others in our party of 4 are divers and will be looking for a dive centre but I don’t dive. Do the dive schools allow non divers/snorkellers to go on the boats?

3 replies to this topic
Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
340 posts
1. Re: Dive Companies and Snorkellers

Yes, most of them do. However the boat will go to places more suited for diving, often leaving the snorkeler having to swim pretty far to get to the shallows - it's really not the best, i always worry about them getting ran over by boats too...

I would recommend snorkeling with a snorkel company, and diving with a dive centre. This way you know they're thinking about you and your safety, rather than you being an afterthought.

If your friends dive in the mornings they'll be back by 11.00 most of the time anyway, so you won't miss them too much.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Dive Companies and Snorkellers

Thanks I will look for a snorkel company

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
340 posts
3. Re: Dive Companies and Snorkellers

There are a few companies that offer day (09.30 - 17.00) or half day trips (11.30 - 18.00) around the island (5 stops) for either 500 or 600 baht per person. There's no real difference in which one you use, i personally prefer the half day as it's from a smaller boat.

They can booked at pretty much all travel agents the day before.

Reply to: Dive Companies and Snorkellers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao