We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split

Marietta, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

Is it possible to ferry from Dubrovnik to Korcula, spend the day then ferry on to Split late afternoon. I've looked at ferry websites but cannot coordinate so maybe it's not possible. We could also do the reverse, Split/Korcula/Dubrovnik. Will be traveling Sept. 8 thru Sept. 17th.

9 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,950 posts
701 reviews
313 helpful votes
1. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

Jadrolinija's catamaran Dubrovnik > Korcula

https://www.jadrolinija.hr/docs/default-source/local-lines-2021/commercial/l9811s-plovidbeni-red-2021-eng.pdf

Krilo's Korcula > Split

https://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing-schedule/split-dubrovnik/

That gives you almost 8 hrs in Korcula

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Dalmatia, Brac Island, Korcula Island
Level Contributor
108,447 posts
86 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

Great idea by the way..It will give you time to wander around the Old Town and do some shopping before moving on.

Marietta, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

Thanks for your help. I have another question about our itinerary. We fly in and out of Dubrovnik from USA. Delta has just started flying into Croatia and round trip to Dubrovnik was our only option. I am hoping to spend the first 2 nights in Mostar and exploring Montenegro. From there we will travel to Dubrovnik and we will have 7 nights there. I would like to add a third location so I am trying to decide between 2-3 nights on Korcula or just stopping for the day and traveling on to Split and exploring that area for a couple days. We are 3 ladies 60+ who like to see a lot but don't want to spend the week packing and unpacking with lots of travel time. I've considered a third option of renting an apt in Dubrovnik for the week and maybe spend a night on Korcula. I would then add Kotor as a day trip if we rent an apartment in Dubrovnik.

Marietta, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

My reply should have read exploring BiH not Montenegro.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Dalmatia, Brac Island, Korcula Island
Level Contributor
108,447 posts
86 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

My preference would be to spend some nights in Korcula if possible. I don't think you would regret that decision.

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

How many nights will you have in total?

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
23,950 posts
701 reviews
313 helpful votes
7. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

3rd location where - in Bosnia or in Croatia?

If Croatia my suggestion would be Makarska Riviera with Omis & Cetina river gorge

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

My bad, sorry didnt see your dates in your first post somehow! So 9 nights in total. Will you have a car? If you are trying to reduce travel time, I agree on staying closer to Dubrovnik in either Korcula and/or Makarska area.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Save

I‘Ve been planning a similar trip and after many iterations and considering the cruise ship schedules we decided to do the reverse. We arrive in DBV on a Friday and will go to Ferry port and take 2:30pm Ferry to Korcula. 2 nights in Korcula Old Town and take Ferry to Split. (Still trying to figure out the schedule for that one). At end of Sept the ferries don’t run as often. 3 nights in Split, we will rent a car on second day and drive up the coast to Trogir, Sibenik and Zadar. Then we will drive to Mostar with a stop at Kravice falls. 1 night in Mostar and then head to DBV, arriving on Thursday, giving us 1/2 day to explore old town. Friday a cruise ship is in town so we may take a ride to Herceg Novi or get on a boat to an island. Sat we have entire day in DBV and then it’s departure on Sunday. I am now working on my rental car and lodging. Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to: Dubrovnik via Korcula to Split
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.