We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimizu Port-Trouble finding a driver to get us to and from

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
46 reviews
47 helpful votes
Shimizu Port-Trouble finding a driver to get us to and from

My family is going to Japan on a cruise in March. We're stopping at Shimizu port and are hoping to go paragliding. I've found a paragliding shop that can accommodate us but I'm struggling to find transportation. The school is about 1.5-2 hrs from the port and suggested taking the bus, which, with the five of us, and two kids, I'm not comfortable with. I'd like to find a driver that can drive us, wait the 2 hours for paragliding, and take us back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on drivers or ways to very reliably get us to paragliding and back? If paragliding falls through, we're happy to keep the driver booking and do a taxi tour.

Paragliding address is: Fumoto 499 Fujinomiya-shi Shizuokaken

1 reply
California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan, Nara
Level Contributor
44,537 posts
309 reviews
426 helpful votes
1. Re: Shimizu Port-Trouble finding a driver to get us to and from

I know a taxi company in Shimizu that offers a "Jumbo" taxi which you need for 5 people. They only have a Japanese language website and you need to call them to make a reservation:

http://www.shizutetsu-taxi.co.jp/contact/

Language is often a problem when you go out of big cities.

Reply to: Shimizu Port-Trouble finding a driver to get us to and from
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shizuoka
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.