We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shizuoka from Narita airport

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
14 helpful votes
Shizuoka from Narita airport

hello Travellers

my initial planning was

from narita airport to Mishima to shizuoka to izu nagaoka, then I realized this is wrong, thus

I have changed to

1. from Narita airport to Shizuoka to Mishima to Izu Nagaoka, can you advise is this route a better choice?

I will continue from Izu Nagaoka to Shuzenji station to seven waterfall to Kawazu station to Shimoda to Atami to Ito then to Shinjuku, can you advise is it the best transport to use is the Tokaido Shinkansen (and the cheapest)? can this JR Pass cover all the routes I have mentioned including the bus ride?

thank you very much and greatly appreciate your reply

Choy

3 replies to this topic
Nakano, Japan
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
1. Re: Shizuoka from Narita airport

Izu has different areas containing multiple operators and there is no single solution.

JR PASS, is not valid on routes in Izu area including trains and buses, neither operated by JR.

JR East Pass, only valid on Izukyu Line (Ito - Izukyu Shimoda), but not valid on Izu Hakone Railway (Mishima - Shuzenji) and also JR Line for Atami - Mishima (because it belongs to JR Central). Two Lines are essentially two distinct areas in Izu Peninsula.

Narita Airport to Shizuoka just buy a one-way ticket including Narita Express and Shinkansen

The following pass should be very helpful for your trip in Izu

http://www.izudreampass.com/english/wasabiji.html

For return to Shinjuku I suggest Super Odoriko direct train from Izukyu-Shimoda.

Edited: 5 years ago
Nakano, Japan
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
2. Re: Shizuoka from Narita airport

And also consider Mt. Fuji and Shizuoka Pass if you will visit also Mishima:

https://touristpass.jp/en/fuji_shizuoka/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Shizuoka from Narita airport

hello Super Azusa,

thank you very much for the detailed information,

sorry for the delay in our reply

greatly appreciate your great help

Choy

Reply to: Shizuoka from Narita airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shizuoka
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.