We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
23 helpful votes
Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture

Hi,

I am planning to visit Shizuoka prefecture and Tokyo in July 2019 with my wife and teenage son. Though we land in Tokyo I plan to head out to Shizuoka straight from the airport. We are planning to spend 4 nights at Shizuoka prefecture. Instead of staying entire time at one place I would like spend first two night at one and second two night in another before heading out to Tokyo. I was wondering if anyone could suggest me two towns in Shizuoka which would be the ideal location to stay and cover the maximum of Shizuoka's best tourist attractions.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,005 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture

- Maybe around Lake Tanuki, perhaps Kyukamura Fuji.

- Maybe around Lale Hamanako, perhaps Hotel Wellseason Hamanako.

Shizuoka Prefecture is quite wide, and tourist sites are dispersed. If you are wanting the usual places where people go to for Mt Fuji view, it's in Yamanashi Prefecture.

Level Contributor
6,005 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture

Shizuoka Prefecture includes: coastal views and hot springs in Izu Peninsula (although Hakone is technically in Kanagawa Prefecture), seafood around Shimizu and Yaizu fishing ports, historico-cultural heritages related to the Tokugawa clan in Shizuoka and Kunozan Toshogu plus temples and shrines around Fujinomiya (Minobusan Kuonji might be counted although it's technically in Yamanashi Prefecture), tea farms here and there including around Kakegawa, preserved railway along Oigawa River, and eel related cuisine and sites related to Yamaha musical instruments and motors around Hamamatsu. The southern side of Mt Fuji is an old industrial zone for paper and engineering; the more scenic side would be the northern side of the mountain in Yamanashi Prefecture (although the southern side has nice views from Lake Tanuki suggested above). Public transport is somewhat problematic.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hokkaido, Nagano
Level Contributor
16,282 posts
192 reviews
99 helpful votes
3. Re: Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture

The best might differ greatly based on personal preference. With few days in July you may look up Japanguide.com re Izu Peninsula and Fuji 5-lake which are closer to Tokyo.

Have visited Izu Peninsula few times whereas renting a car on my last two trips.

http://www.japantravelinsights.com/location/

Reply to: Best location to stay in Shizuoka prefecture
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shizuoka
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.