We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exploring Colonia: Scooter and Golf Cart Rentals

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Exploring Colonia: Scooter and Golf Cart Rentals

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has the latest info on scooter and golf cart rental rates in Colonia.

My family and I, which includes four adults and one kid, will be visiting next week, and we're thinking about using these options to get around.

Could anyone share if we need to bring our driver's licenses from home as well?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

2 replies to this topic
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
973 posts
387 reviews
189 helpful votes
1. Re: Exploring Colonia: Scooter and Golf Cart Rentals

We spent 3 days in Colonia and didn't see many golf carts or scooters on the road during that time.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
8 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Exploring Colonia: Scooter and Golf Cart Rentals

The town itself is fairly compact & easy to explore on foot. If you're wanting to explore some of the outlying area (beaches, etc), then a rental would make sense.

I believe you need a valid driver's license & a US license would be accepted per the US State Dept. See the 'travel and transportation' section on this page. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Uruguay.html

Reply to: Exploring Colonia: Scooter and Golf Cart Rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.