We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banthai or Horizon?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
122 reviews
Banthai or Horizon?

My hubby and I are taking our Mums to Thailand for 2 weeks leaving christmas night. We are staying in Patong for the first week and I wanted some feed back on the Banthai Resort and Horizon.

I stayed at the Horizon a few years ago and it was Ok, we had the worst room in the entire place I am sure but it was great location wise.

We are looking at Banthai - seems to be in a great spot as well.

Any advice on which is better would be great. Last year we stayed at the holiday inn but we can't really afford that again - sadly as that was awesome.

Ta - K

Sydney
Level Contributor
285 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Banthai or Horizon?

Hi Kimberley

In my opinion (happy to be corrected) the Banthai would be the better choice of the two. The Banthai is more upmarket than the Horizon, bigger, 3 pools vs 2 at the Horizon and newer as well. I am not sure of the $$ difference as Xmas would probably be THE most expensive time anywhere, but for facilities and location, my choice would be The Banthai.

Enjoy

P:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: Banthai or Horizon?

Hi, we stayed this year at the Banthai. Location is great, pools good (some lack a little sun during the day & you need to reserve a pool chair or you will miss out), buffet breakfast not so good - boring variety & like a feeding room for cows, rooms clean & tidy but on the small side. Do not give your credit card details over on check in as we had problems with them after we came back.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Banthai or Horizon?

Thanks all, and after all that hubby has decided that we are going to stay at the holiday inn again, its familair and we loved it last time so figure its worth that little bit extra - I am pretty pleased about that, it was fantastic.

4. Re: Banthai or Horizon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong
Recent Conversations