We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank Transfer

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Bank Transfer

We are wanting to book Thanthip Villa but they want deposit direct transfer to bank. Have not done this before - is it safe or is there a better way to pay.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
451 reviews
1. Re: Bank Transfer

Hi there, We have done deposits this way before and its fine, I much prefer it to giving out credit card details and would choose this way instead, it will cost you about $20 in fees though.

Cathy

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Bank Transfer

Should be ok in particular if the transfer is in their name.

As Cathy says it will cost you about $20+ in fees

Make sure you are getting a good deal as they have a lot of promotions, what have they offered you ( if you care to share to be sure you are getting a good deal ) before you commit ? Their low season is from around AU$52 with tax, service, breakfast

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Bank Transfer

Online you would probably need to pay 1 night as deposit and balance a couple of weeks before arrival with some I use.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Bank Transfer

Hi Cathy

Thanks for your advice. Have just done the bank transfer, so hope all is Ok. Have you checked out Thanthip Villa at all? Got an OK deal of 14 nights, pay 9. We are there same time as you as mentioned previously, but only for 5 weeks not like your 3 months!! Thought we would wait a bit closer to the time to book the rest of the accommodation as I am sure there will be some good deals out for low season. As yet we haven't booked our return flights, still waiting for some good prices??? What about you - do you have your flights organised?

Lynn and Brian, Geelong

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
451 reviews
5. Re: Bank Transfer

Hi Cooke, No havent sen Thanthip Villa, we booked and paid for our flights in November last year with Singapore Airlines, as we go for so long we dont get the special with airfares as they usually have to be used within a certain time and you cannot stay over a certain amount of days etc etc.

So anything under $1500 we are happy with haha. It actually cost us a bit less this time than our ticket for last years trip.

We should catch up over there.

Cheers Cathy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Bank Transfer

Hi Cathy

Yes, lets organise a get together - how about Nicky's? Always good value and great food... Getting hungry just thinking about it. One thing we have to get started on is our Thai visa as we will be just over the allowed time. I presume we have to contact the Embassy in Canberra? How soon before you go do you get it? Lets keep in touch..

Cheers lynn

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
451 reviews
7. Re: Bank Transfer

Hi Lynn, Nickys it is, we will sort out the night closer to the time ok.

We do our visas a couple of weeks before we leave. Theres info on my link below and the price etc

Cathy

8. Re: Bank Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Patong