We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
72 reviews
Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

Hi

We are travelling to Khao Lak in May and staying at the Ramada. Can someone advise where the nearest bank or money changer is?

Thanks in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

The nearest bank is the TMB branch on the highway opposite and down from the 711 but I wouldn't use it as the rates of exchange are poor compared to other banks. There are money changers on the beach road, nearest being next to the Smile Cocktail Bar (turn left when you come from the road from the Ramada opposite Pinoccio's Pizzeria). There is an ATM at the 711 but best to wait until you go down to Bang La On, about 10 mins by taxi, as there are branches of all the main banks and plenty of ATMs there.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
146 reviews
2. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

if it's only a few dollars the money changers in the beach road are convenient, but they do vary, so look at a few

but for a serious lot of cash head down to bang la on

the rate at the kasikorn/ siam bank is significantly better

plus if you ride down on one of the ramadas free pushbikes you can stop off at the cold drink shop.....

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

Procol.... did that & havent been the same since..... rode the pushy all the way to Bang La On .....had a couple of quenching ales & cycled back......took me 2 months to get over the beach massages to sooth the muscles !!

very physical those girls near Ramada !!

enough said

Sore Specz

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

Specz

you are / were seriously out of form

did that ride 4 maybe 5 times.. loved it

ahhhh the wind in the hair ...whats left of it...

dont you just love the smiles and they are freeeeeeeeeee....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

If the bike rides don't get you, the Thai massage will!!! Yes, and they smile while they inflict the pain! LOL

Edited: 20 February 2012, 23:25
england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

LOL. I did that bike ride too, haven't ridden a bike for YEARS either. I didn't ache but I was absolutely roasting by the time I stopped at a shop.lol.

Australia
Level Contributor
356 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

er, where exactly are these hardcore masseuses you speak of? I dont mind painful pressure on my feet.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

Any of the massage places will give you a "strong" massage if you ask for it. Kinaree up the beach road in Bang Niang on your left near the top is very good and the lass there certainly has very strong fingers!

9. Re: Bank/Money Changer near Ramada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak