We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Kuopio, Finland
4 posts
1 review
From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

We would like to go from Ubud to Nusa Lembongan on 11th of october 2018. We are me, my husband and 2 kids (1 and 3). Is this possible during one day, no need to stay in sanur? Which is the safest boat, our kids are young? We will take lifejackets for them. Can I arrange this from home or where in ubud? I’m not concerned about the taxi drive between ubud and sanur, i can arrange that with Bali babyhire etc with car and carseats. My concern is the boat trip, how to arrange it and which one is the safest. Thanks, Tina

11 replies to this topic
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Morning. We always use Rocky, very safe. They can arrange a transfer from Ubud to Sanur so you don’t have to organise a taxi. There are life jackets on board. X

fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Sorry, I guess you would have to ask Rocky about car seats for your children. We have travelled with them many times and they are fantastic. Where are you staying on Lembongan?? X

australia
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
3. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

It's doable for one day; I wouldn't recommend with littlies but if you research and understand what is involved with a return transfer from Ubud and you're aware of the Fastboat daily schedule maybe ok for you. Most pickups in Ubud are at a central point although I think you can pay extra for door to door. Life jackets provided; as suggested you'd have to enquire about car seats.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
4. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

It’s doable but a very long day with young children. It will also be challenging getting around the island and the main island activities (snorkelling and surfing) aren’t child friendly.

fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Oh sorry. Do you mean just a day trip?? And not staying in Lembongan?? If it is just a day trip then I’d say no

Kuopio, Finland
4 posts
1 review
6. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Oh sorry, I wasn’t clear. We are going to stay in Lembongan. We have booked a hotel for 2 weeks there. So I meant is it doable to just go from ubud to Lembongan? If we leave early in the morning, is there boats leaving sanur in the afternoon?

Kuopio, Finland
4 posts
1 review
7. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Thanks for the recommendation! Can I buy tickets for rocky from ubud or should i book them in advance? We are staying at Lembongan beach and resort club.

australia
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
8. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

My personal choice was to book with my chosen Fastboat prior to my arrival in Bali. Communicated by emails which were replied to promptly. It was an all inclusive transfer. I paid on the day we were transferred to the departure point to head to NL. We were also able to leave our large suitcases at the Fastboat's office. I think you could head to a travel kiosk somewhere in Ubud and sort out the booking. I do hope you like NL as you've chosen to stay a very long time but that's a very personal opinion.

Sorry, I'd thought you were enquiring about a day trip.

Narangba, Australia
Level Contributor
911 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

We did this as a family of 4 three days ago (kids not as young as yours though.) We asked our accommodation in Ubud to book the boats and transfers the day before. Our accommodation on Nusa Lembongan also were able to sort our transfers. Took a total of 4 hours from the time we were picked up in Ubud to the time we checked in at our accommodation on Nusa Lembongan.

Kuopio, Finland
4 posts
1 review
10. Re: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids

Thanks, that sounds really good and reasonable time. Do you remember what was the name of the boat company you used? Where everything Ok with them, no safety issues etc?

Reply to: From Ubud to Nusa Lembongan with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ubud