We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchangers in Sanur

New Zealand
Level Contributor
437 posts
92 reviews
Money Exchangers in Sanur

Hi

We will be staying at the Mercure Hotel in Sanur. Are there any reliable money exchangers close to here or do we need to take the hotel shuttle to Hardys? We will be exchanging NZ$. Cheers Kiwi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

There's a good one opposite the Koa Spa & Respati Hotel (good excuse to spend a couple of hours at the spa while you're there - it's heaven!)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
437 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Thank you. Cheers Kiwi

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,300 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Dragon Branch, http://www.balibestrate.com/

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
83 reviews
4. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Yes balibestrate is a safe & good place to exchange your money you will not be ripped off, the closes branch to Mercure Hotel is on Jl. Danau Poso it is just called Poso, a lot closer than Hardy's the current rate per NZ$ = RP8940.

I only use them. I use the dragon branch mentioned above.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

I also use the Dragon branch mentioned above when in Sanur. They are honest & reliable.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

I am coming from Canada.. is it better to exchange US$ there or does it matter if I just bring Canadian$ ?

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,300 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

toydajo, you can see the exchange rate for both currencies in the link I provided in post 3. It's generally better to bring your own currency to avoid losing twice on conversion

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
116 reviews
8. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Toydajo:

I've had no problems exchanging Canadian currency in the main tourist areas of Bali. However, I did need US cash when I was in Taipei (for a few days) on my return from Bali in 2014. So, you may need some US currency depending on where your connecting flight is, and whether you'll be staying there for any length of time. And best to exchange in Bali, and as little as possible to get started at the airport.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Thanks for the help folks. Ya I did change some here to speed things up at the airport, took a bath on it... lol

They really gouge us over here...

New Zealand
Level Contributor
437 posts
92 reviews
10. Re: Money Exchangers in Sanur

Hi. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, much appreciated. Will use either the Poso or Dragon branch, whichever we come across first when we out and about. Cheers Kiwi

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations