We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

Brussels, Belgium
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I are thinking of booking a week's all-inclusive vacation at one of the resorts in Hurghada (or perhaps Sharm El Sheikh) for the second week of April 2015...I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with travelling there (i.e. this year), and can tell me what the security/safety situation is at the moment? Do you feel any of the tensions from the situations in Cairo, in the resorts? Are you able to leave the resorts to go into the town at all or are you restricted to staying inside the resorts? We'd really like to go but I would love some more recent info and first-hand experiences before booking. Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

I'm in hurghada now. Its fine. My only concerns are where my next beer is coming from and sunburn. As far as Cairo is concerned ,we were wandering around the day before the uprising and traveled through tahir square and there was nothing,no hints of what was to happen 24 hours earlier. Tbh what I am trying to say is that as long as your government doesn't say go,go and enjoy the experience.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

Hi

I'm posting partly the same reply here, as I did earlier in a same sort of question, though I cannot comment on Sharm-El-Sheik, therefore I can only comment on Hurghada as below:

We're travelling for the fourth time this spring, we were there last December and last April too, never felt unsafe or bothered so far. People that we met were absolutely fabulous. Tourism is way too much suffering from bad press, whereas we experienced nothing ugly going on there....

Enjoy !

Marcel

Edited: 18 February 2015, 03:14
Brussels, Belgium
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

Thanks to both of you for your replies!

Kettering
Level Contributor
126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

Returned from Sharm 2 days ago, everything is as normal

5. Re: Safety situation in Hurghada (/Sharm El Sheikh)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2016, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada