We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate

berkshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
68 reviews
Exchange rate

Hi USD is current rate 1.50 in my town or should I change in hurghada airport thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
21,018 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Exchange rate

Why are you looking to change into USA dollars? Take sterling & change money into local currency in resort for about 10% better rate :-)

berkshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Exchange rate

Oh great it was to buy the visa

Yes will take your advice thanks

UK
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Exchange rate

If you want dollars for your visa or the duty free on arrival,I would get them in the UK.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
4. Re: Exchange rate

You can pay for your visa in sterling. It is the equivalent of the price in dollars.

UK
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Exchange rate

Yes--you can pay in sterling but you will be subject to the exchange rate that they decide.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Exchange rate

Rate is about in resort is 11.5 to the sterling.

england
Level Contributor
949 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Exchange rate

Exchange on Moneycorp on line 11.01 to ukp.

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
8. Re: Exchange rate

You are only getting 11.5. The rate is 11.74 at present, are you chenging money in the Hotel, or bank?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Exchange rate

That's from the hotel post commission. Sorry been sat at the lagoon drinking most of the day. Didn't make myself clear. Thank god for auto correct on this phone :)

10. Re: Exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2016, 18:15