We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Security

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Security

We just returned from our first holiday to Hurghada (having been to Sharm 8 times in previous years before UK stopped flying there) and having read lots of posts here I was a little concerned with the airport security on our return. However I just wanted to say it was easy, seamless and didn't take long or much hassle at all - despite being pulled over to have our suitcases opened and checked. We found all the security staff to be pleasant, polite and efficient.

On our arrival we got out visas from the banks as advised here and helped a few others to do the same but boy do the reps try and entice you away to them! Thanks goodness I knew what to do and to ignore them.

Thanks everyone for all the help I have read here. We will be back to Hurghada again.

14 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,220 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Security

Brilliant....

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Security

I have no idea about visas! Please could you direct me to the correct post or explain how obtaining a visa to stay in egypt works and the cost

Thank you

Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Security

On the plane you are given a small card. Just fill in what you can. On arrival you will need to purchase a visa. 1 per person. Easiest way to pay is with dollars. They are $25 each. Do not listen to the reps. You will see two bank kiosks get your visa there and join the passport queue. They will then stamp your vias. After that you need to show it to one more person and job done. Takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes depending on how many officials are on.

Edited: 20 October 2017, 06:01
Gloucestershire UK
Level Contributor
354 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Security

Depending on who you are flying with you may not be given an immigration form to fill in but they are available in the airport.

On the right of this screen you can see a list headed

Top questions about Hurghada

in the list is an article

Visa new terminal

the attached video shows the visa and immigration processes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,956 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Security

I”m not sure what exactly you mean by an “immigration form” here but, over the years, I’ve flown to Egypt with several airlines and (during the flight) always been given a landing card to fill out and be handed over with the passport & visa at passport control.

Gloucestershire UK
Level Contributor
354 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Security

OK Landing card or immigration form, same thing but flown to Hurghada once a year for the last 5 years with either EasyJet or Thomas Cook, never been given one on the plane.

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Security

You have been unlucky Austin P... 9 times out of 10 you are issued a Landing card/immigration form (I knew what you meant) but well done for directing the OP to our top questions post re the visa, This must be the most asked question on these pages but oh so few notice the question has been answered in the top questions

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Security

I fly into Hurghada and or other Egyptian airports 4/5 times a year and have only once not received the card, that was 2015 I think :-)

Karen

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Security

Thank you guys!! U have been a great help!

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Security

Flew with AirCairo from Denmark and didn't get a card either... Normally we get it on the plane, but not this time.

Reply to: Airport Security
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada