We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Sarajevo Canton...
8 posts
1 review
Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Dear all,

we are newlywed couple from Europe and we want to book our beautiful vacation in Hurghada for 10 or 15 days. We went online, searched reviews on hotels and now we are really confused since hotels offcourse have great and awful comments.

Our preferences are:

- near to the city or if taxis are not expensive, this distance is not important

- hotel that has good food (we read lot of reviews which state that food was not really god in several hotels).

- small distance from hotel o the beach

We read reviews for Sindbad, Caribbean world resort, Steigenberger, Samra bay, Sea Gull, the grand Plaza hotel. Since reviews made us confused, we decided to leave it and ask you if you could give us advice if you know or have experience in one of those or would recommend some other?

Thank you very much:)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,103 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Hello Alfa....first congratulations, I would recommend le Reve, baron palace and the oberoi.

All these hotels are situated in the lovely peaceful area of sahl hasheesh,which is perfect for honeymooners looking for a relaxing holiday.

These hotels offer fantastic food and service and are located on the beach front.

You can use taxi services like ABC Taxis to get around and into town very cheaply.

If you would prefer to be more central then I would recommend steinenberger au da beach which is another fantastic hotel and good food, but beach is not as good as the others I have mentioned in sahl hasheesh.

Have a look at the names mentioned and you won't go wrong.

Have a fantastic time ☀🍻😁

Sarajevo Canton...
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Hi Clint!

First of all thank you:)

Also, thank you for useful information we will take a look at sal ahseesh also.

We hope we will have great time. We do plan to have a mixture of relaxation and sightseeing.

Thank you once again:)

Halifax
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Possibly 3 of the most expensive hotels in hurghada if you want a quality hotel try sunrise holidays resort.

It's adults only has a excellent beach area with a lagoon complete with turtle and a island for all day sun.

Food is excellent I believe they have a honeymoon suite and the staff cant do enough for you mr kambouris the manager is superb.

Its within walking distance of all the shops in downtown hurghada and the new marina and very reasonably priced .check the reviews out and have a great honeymoon ☺☺☺☺☺

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,103 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

That's fine Alfa....have a fantastic honeymoon. 😂

Sarajevo Canton...
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Hi Amanda,

thanks a lot for your recommendation. :)

Kindest regards :)

6. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 23:35
LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Hi Alfa156169 I agree Baron palace and the Oberoi are both great hotels but sahl hasheesh is a good distance from downtown Hughada it does have great beaches but the hotels there are not cheap, Steinenberger au da beach and Sunrise Crystal bay are slightly less cost both first class and both worth a look, Sunrise holidays resort would tick all of your boxes it is a smaller hotel in a great location with great food and a fraction of the price of all of the others mentioned, hope this helps

uk
Level Contributor
495 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Hi you do not say when you are going. Just be careful when getting recommendations and reading reviews that they correspond with the time frame you are looking at. Many hotels offer big discounts to Egyptians during their holiday times and because of different cultures a hotel that is highly recommend can at another time of the year be very different.

Out of the hotels you have listed we have stayed at the Grand Plaza first week after Ramadan. All I can say there were many many children. We liked the hotel it was very clean had lovely pool and swim up bar but we were one of just a handful of English speaking people. Doesn't worry us however if I was on honeymoon and could afford it I would go somewhere a bit more upmarket.

Have a look at Three corners ocean view in El Gouna adults only.

Edited: 16 June 2017, 01:30
Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

Steigenberger Aqua Magic, have been 3 times - see my reviews - well worth it - Enjoy !!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,103 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: Recommendation for hotel in Hurghada

@watkins- aqua magic is good, but not for honeymooners, better for families with children..

Maybe across the road in au da beach...

Personally I think adults only is what it's about for a couple relaxing.

Edited: 16 June 2017, 02:21
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada