We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not the usual vias question

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
Not the usual vias question

We arent travelling to october this year and we thought about getting our visa from the Uk consulate rather than the crazy usual way.

my questions are

When is the earliest i can apply for the Visa? i know the form has a travel date on it. so if i order it now will it become active on my travel date?

and are they stamped or do i just have to get it stamped in the arrivals hall?

thanks in advance

Phil

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Not the usual vias question

The visa is valid for 6 months (if I remember right) from the day of issue, not the day of arrival. So get the visa closer to your travel date. The visa will be fixed into your passport. To get the visa, fill out the (downloadable) form.and submit with two passport photos and the fee. On arrival, go straight to passport control where the visa will be stamped.

Edited: 08 January 2017, 05:42
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Not the usual vias question

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Not the usual vias question

$25 around £20 on the day, get it at the airport when you arrive, save the hassle?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Not the usual vias question

Last I read on here, they were charging £21.50 or £22 for. a $25 visa on arrival but it obviously depends on the £-LE and LE-$ exchange rates.

Given the remarks about the "crazy usual way", i think the OP has used the visa on arrival system before.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,826 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Not the usual vias question

I have always got my Visa and some Egyptian money from the Bank Kiosk on arrival without any hassle whatsoever. I can see no reason for getting it in advance.

Anthony

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Not the usual vias question

Trying staying for longer than a month and the advantages are self evident. Otherwise, little or no practical difference.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
452 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: Not the usual vias question

If you are repeat visitors to Egypt the multi visa obtained in the U.K. In advance is very practical and cheaper.

It's issued 6 months from date of issue, you are eligible to stay for a max of 90 days at a time within the 6 months.

Usually they turnaround the visa quickly in London 5-7 working days so I'd apply 2-3 weeks before travel to be on the safe side.

Fill out the landing card as normal but you go straight to passport control on arrival bypassing all the commotion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Not the usual vias question

Or, if it's at all convenient to go to the local Egyptian Consulate, the turn around time for a tourist visa (single or multiple entry) is a couple of working days.

If you're in the UK, the Consulate is in Knightsbridge.

9. Re: Not the usual vias question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2018, 18:17