We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights between HKG and SYX

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
77 posts
224 reviews
121 helpful votes
Flights between HKG and SYX

Flights between HKG and SYX appear to be difficult to book in advance, say 10 months ahead of travel time. Does anyone have recent experience booking on Hong Kong Airlines or Cathay Pacific flights between HKG and SYX?

We flew between HKG and SYX on Silk Air (defunct now?) or Lion Air (?) but that’s been many years ago.

7 replies to this topic
Southern...
Level Contributor
6,620 posts
22 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

Looks to me like you can book August, but maybe not later, direct flights between HKG and SYX with Hong Kong Airlines on either their website or on Trip.com

Edited: 12 February 2024, 07:14
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
77 posts
224 reviews
121 helpful votes
2. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

Thank you, John.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
199 posts
3. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

Are you sure you want to go there in those months? It's very hot. I went there before the pandemic. It's a overseas tour with 20 people. At the end, half of us came down with heat strokes. Two has to stay in the hospital for two days to 'cool down'. It's hot and humid. Really not much fun..

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
77 posts
224 reviews
121 helpful votes
4. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

Not sure what months you’re referencing. December & January were quite OK during our last visit.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
569 posts
5. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

I’m going to Sanya next month and I’ve booked Taipei-Hong Kong-Sanya and Sanya-Busan-Taipei. Actually I wanted to benefit from the visa free access to Hainan but then whole China became visa free for Thai citizens. I would wait until about 4-6 months prior to your planned entry date to Hainan in order to book a cheaper flight.

P D
San Jose, California
1 post
6. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

Which months are good to visit Hainan? My late grandparents were from Hainan Island. They passed away almost 20 years ago. I am taking my aging mother to visit Hainan Island to learn about the family history. I would like to go there during some good months. Please advise.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
7. Re: Flights between HKG and SYX

November to March is the Best time to visit Hainan, 22 to 30 degree's

Reply to: Flights between HKG and SYX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanya
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.