We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days itinerary in Haikou for 2024

Singapore
Level Contributor
728 posts
50 reviews
20 helpful votes
8 Days itinerary in Haikou for 2024
Save

I am planning to visit Haikou in 2024 for 8 days - I am interested in sightseeing places /nature that are uniquely and culturally haikou and taste the Cuisines. When would be a good time to visit when the weather is pleasantly cool and not raining. Where would be the best place to stay where we can easy access to the places of interest via public transport - bus, train, taxis? Please advice:1. What to see and do 2. Where to stay? 3. When is the best time to visit 4. Main form of transport to get around. Thanks and Best regards

2 replies to this topic
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: 8 Days itinerary in Haikou for 2024
Save

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297425-Activities-Haikou_Hainan.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
823 posts
2. Re: 8 Days itinerary in Haikou for 2024
Save

We were in Haikou and Wenchang last month visiting friends and were driven around by them. A bit too hot for me, I would prefer the cooler months from Dec to Feb. As for hotel you can check trip.com starting your search from the most popular location, I always do that if I don’t have a specific location in mind.

A few years ago I was also visiting friends in Haikou and Wenchang, but this time I decided to visit Sanya out of curiosity because Sanya has received many negative comments here in this forum. Visited Sanya bay, Dadonghai beach and Yalong bay, and the prettiest of the lot is Yalong bay, fine white sands and clear blue water, it was beautiful under the Sun. All of them were pretty clean. I travelled by taxis and Sanya also has some very unique buildings, I like them.

This trip the chicken rice was just so-so, unlike the previous trip, that was my best ever chicken rice.

Not sure whether this will help:

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/things-to-do-in-hainan.htm

Reply to: 8 Days itinerary in Haikou for 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haikou
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.