We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue for wedding reception

2 posts
Save Topic
Venue for wedding reception

Dear Dubai Advisors

After a relatively small wedding gathering, we are looking for a location for a reception. Since it will be on a Friday, that opens up the possibly of a brunch type of gathering. That, or something similar, and catered in a local hotel. It should be indoors, since this will be a Friday in August.

The number of guests might be in the range of 15 - 20, and the budget may be in the AED 300 - 350 per person neighbourhood; possibly higher.

The anticipated start time may be early afternoon, 1 pm or so (possibly some details can be negotiated with the venue, in the case of a brunch with a fairly large group.)

Have you seen anything of this nature here in Dubai before? I'd be very grateful for any suggestions that you might have.

Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 replies to this topic
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venue for wedding reception

You're probably best contacting hotels direct.

I'd have thought your gathering will be too small in numbers for them to allow you a private venue particularly on a Friday.

I'd imagine hotels will happily incorporate you within their Friday brunches and perhaps cordon off an area for your party. For a charge hotels will happily decorate etc but for advice contact hotels direct and speak to their hospitality/events manager.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venue for wedding reception

Yes I agree with Hannah - you will need to contact a few hotels to start with and see if they can give you a deal on 20 guests. I am sure you will be able to get a semi private area for your group.

As with anywhere in the world, mention its a wedding and they will whack 30% to the cost of anything - if its a work leaving party then all is good... so don't mention the W word and just saying you are bringing in a group for Brunch....

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Venue for wedding reception

I think you can choose something special on your reception function.I am prefer luxury yachts for your function. The yachts available from different affordable rates and Capacity.Depends on your need you can choose any yacht .Last month I celebrate my sister birthday in Yacht.The celebration was awesome and the service is nice at affordable rate.I am prefer "https://rbcyachtrental.com/yachts" for your reception

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venue for wedding reception

I think the challenge you may face is IF you joined a brunch, you could face the vagaries and inconsistencies of brunch service.

Personally, if I was looking for a reception meal for a special event, I wouldn't risk 'just' joining a brunch - too many variables for a blot on a special day. Drunken eejits, or a brunch that's over capacity, inconsistent food offerings etc. would all have the 'spidey sense' on overdrive and I woudn't feel altogether comfortable. Add in that budget you're looking at, and it may not be one of the top end or reliably consistent brunches.

This doesn't mean brunches are a bad idea (they're definitely not) but it's about managing expectations of your group. It may be a wiser idea to approach a non-brunch venue and go for the private dining option (which may drive the price up).

What may be a smarter idea is to pitch to a brunch venue in the quieter post-brunch meal times. Most venues suffer a lull in footfall after brunch, so would possibly be more amenable to a 'deal' for non-peak visitors (ie before 7pm evening customers but after 4-5pm 'brunch zombie' hour.

Maybe try pitching to restaurants that don't have much footfall or get that busy due to being in outlying/less busy areas (e.g. Business Bay, Al Habtoor City)? There's an abundance of terrific restaurants just in AHC between the Westin/St Regis/W so I'm sure one will bite ....

Another option would be to pick a Starwood/SPG hotel that does the SPG Cravings discount such as Toro Toro (e.g. Grosvenor House - Le Royal Meridien - Westin/Le Meridien Mina Seyahi or the Al Habtoor trio listed above) and have all your group sign up to their (free) loyalty program. I think they have a limit to one group of 8 getting a discount, so just make two bookings/tables/groups and each guest should get 20% discount....

http://www.spgcravings.com/

Mentioned in this post
Toro Toro
Toro Toro
748 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Grosvenor House Dubai
Grosvenor House Dubai
5,124 Reviews
Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Le Royal Meridien Beach...
6,849 Reviews
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi...
2,560 Reviews
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Venue for wedding reception

Thank you very much for your replies.

I think that you're right, there are some things to think about (and worry about.)

If anything else occurs to you, I'd appreciate another 'heads up' ... thanks again!

Have a nice day...

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venue for wedding reception

Just a thought: what about using the Bateaux for a dinner cruise? I think I have a contact there I could share with you...

Or, to be a bit different a private BBQ in the desert... again know someone who could but something together for you at a camp or a private BBQ....

Mentioned in this post
JA Bateaux Dubai
JA Bateaux Dubai
1,553 Reviews
Reply to: Venue for wedding reception
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted