We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Hotels

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Dubai Hotels

Booked a family holiday for next year March, when would be the best time to look at hotel deals. I’ve had a look now but it’s just far too expensive! Any guidance on this?

14 replies to this topic
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,061 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Hotels

The closer to departure you leave it to book your preferred accomodation, then generallly the more expensive it gets.

There are some good late deals to be found , but if you want a particular hotel or style of hotel, then leaving it late will limit your options.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Hotels

It's generally a little early in the sales cycle to get the best deals for next March.

There are deals to be had, but as time moves on, more hotels will put more availability into systems and theoretically increased supply will increase potential for deals.

A decent strategy for peace of mind if you wanted to book now would be either :-

* look for prepaid, non-cancellable rates (usually 30-50% cheaper) for early bookings. However, there's an obvious risk if you're less than 100% confident you will make the dates (e.g. illness, no holidays from work etc.)

* book now on a free cancellation basis, and use a price-tracker to keep informed of if your booking becomes available cheaper elsewhere.

There's some more information about pros/cons of booking early for next year and price variations in this thread too >>> https:/…92453478

What dates were you looking for, and what would your priorities be in choosing a hotel?

Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Hotels

Choose your optimal price range and book the hotel with "pay later" option, two months before departure because it will give you a safe escape in case the plan is postponed or canceled.

If your plan is a go, Do check the prices again two weeks before, usually it goes , cancel your previous booking and book with new price but same with pay later option.

Do it again one week before and again two days before departure.

You will find a best price, i have done it many times and believe me i have saved a lot.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Hotels

@Hassam K - would it not be simpler to just book with a free cancellation and let a free price drop tracker do all the work for you? It would save you keep having to manually check, plus as well it works when you don't (i.e. all the times the price may have dropped between your checks).

Don't forget also, the price drops may also be lower on different sites, rather than just keep checking the same site.

Let technology make your life easy for you 😉

Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Hotels

@Shaun C > I never heard of such tracker before but If there is one then you have done a great favor for me too. Thanks a lot Sir

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai Hotels

Like Shaun advised, it is definately early in the sales cycle to get the deals for March.

But with my experience, usually for March, Oct - Nov should be the right time to book ...

7. Re: Dubai Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2018, 22:13

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai Hotels

@ Hassam - have a look at Pruvo, or Service. Both are quite new, but there will be more.

How they work ...

You email them your cancellable reservation details. They monitor all the main sites against those details, and then alert you when a 'like for like' deal is available somewhere else cheaper.

No fees to pay - the services generally get a commission deal (affiliate) from the provider they're referring you to for the new booking. No need to worry about bias, as they scour everywhere rather than just one or two sites.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai Hotels

Hi - sorry for late response. I’m looking at end of Feb, beginning for March. I’m wanting to stay in Jumeirah!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubai Hotels

@ Taibah - do you mean the brand (Jumeirah) or the area (Jumeirah)?

Reply to: Dubai Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted