We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

I just came back from short holiday trip in Luang Prabang. I got Somsay's contact from people's reviews in Tripadvisor and used his service to accompany us for 2 days trip in Luang Prabang. Thanks for those of you who shared the review about him and his contact in tripadvisor so that made my short trip in luang prabang was notably great. I'm happy to share with you the experience during the trip which was pleasant, enjoyable and fun. His car is clean and comfortable, and able to accommodate more than 6 people i believe. He picked us up and dropped us in the airport safely. In the beginning i planned to book a group tour for each of destinations we wanted to visit, since i thought it would be expensive if we book a private tour, coz we're only group of two. turns out It's way cheaper to use somsay's service and timely efficient too. In two days we managed to see many things. he dropped us to the places we listed, including Tad Sae Waterfall and Kuang Si Waterfall of course. He accompanied us to some places so we could ask him to take a picture of us. He also brought us to a restaurant where the locals have their dinner. Laotian hot noodles soup, refreshing and delicious. Somsay's quite knowledgeable about Luang Prabang. During the trip my husband asked him many things about Lao especificaly luang prabang . You can book his service to bring you to neighborhood cities too, as he told us that last month he drove a group of young people to vientien. Let me put again his contact here, somsay3006@yahoo.com +856 20 52 990 009

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Thanks For posting this very usefulinformation

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Thank you for posting the useful information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Thanks For posting this very usefulinformation

2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Hello Thank you for posting the very useful information. Can you please let me know on the basis you used to agree the amount payable to the driver/guide and how much was was it.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

I listed the places I want to visit then Somsay quoted the price which didn't include entrance fee and lunch during the trip. Since he picked and dropped me to airport (so basically it's 3 days) and comparing the price of group tours I previously planned to join,so I did't bargain.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
78 reviews
6. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

Thanks for the post.

We are also a couple and plan to hire a car with driver for 2 days.

May I know what car model he has and whether there was a time limit say 5 pm or 6 pm etc.?

Thank you.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang

His car is Toyota Hiace, very clean and perhaps 2 or 3 years old. Am not sure about time limit, he didn't mention about it. we finished the trip at 20.30 on the first day and approx at 20.00 on the second day.

Reply to: Private tour and excellent driver in Luang Prabang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang