We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SuperBowl February 2nd

4 posts
SuperBowl February 2nd

Is there anywhere in Rarotonga where they will be playing the game? NFL Super Bowl.

Thanks,

8 replies to this topic
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central, New Zealand, North Island, Cook Islands
Level Contributor
28,726 posts
140 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

Kia Orana PatAndKelcie, welcome to the Avarua forum.

I recall another visitor asking a similar question a few weeks ago. Without knowing when the Super Bowl will be on, I recommend that you ask your accommodator if they have Sky TV for Sky sports.

Alternatively, some of the bars with Sky could be showing the games if there is sufficient interest among patrons. Place to enquire are Maii bistro and bar in Maii (opposite Te Manava villas), the Fishing Club in Tupapa; the Roadhouse bar in Arorangi, the RSA clubrooms in Nikao opposite the airport, and Cocoputt Alehouse in Aroa.

Possibly other bars will be showing sports. Like Trios at the Banana court in Avarua. Your accommodator will know of the local places to go to, if they dont have Sky TV.

Kia manuia.

4 posts
2. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

Thank you very much! The game is February 2nd and I will reach out to those establishments.

Pat

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central, New Zealand, North Island, Cook Islands
Level Contributor
28,726 posts
140 reviews
82 helpful votes
3. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

Hi Pat,

I've just remembered that the HSBC Rugby 7's schedule may disrupt your interests to watch Super Bowl on Sky TV.

Check those sports bars I've identified in case they will be showing the rugby 7's which is being held in Sydney on the 1 & 2 February 2020.

Many locals and some visitors are Rugby 7's fans, so I'm hoping that the times of those games won't clash with Super Bowl at all. Different time zones, but something to keep in the back of your mind.

Wellington, New...
1 post
4. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

I’d you find one where it showing pat I’d be keen to know. My brother and I are also on the lookout for the game. Cheers!

KPB
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
121 reviews
37 helpful votes
5. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

Hi @Jason Clarke,

I reached out to the spots Frangipani08 suggested -

Cocoputt - No

Mai'i - They said no as they are usually closed, but will get back to me and let me know.

Fishing Club - They said as long as it's on Sky they will show it (during opening hours only).

I wasn't able to get in touch with the other spots mentioned, but hopefully this helps a bit!

4 posts
6. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

It turns out the Fishing club will not be open during the SuperBowl.

So far no luck finding any spot.

If anyone finds a place please let me know.

Go Niners!

Mandan, North Dakota
7 posts
7. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

I can't personally verify this but we were told that the Rarotongan hotel had the divisional playoffs on in the bar if true I am sure they will have super bowl on. Eagles were out and weather was good so didn't check out.

Good luck and GO BIRDS

4 posts
8. Re: SuperBowl February 2nd

Thanks for the info!!!

R.I.P Kobe.

Reply to: SuperBowl February 2nd
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avarua
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.