We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Pittstown, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

We will be on a cruise and will be at Pt Stanley on Jan 30, 2013. Are there any penguin tours I can go on? We tried to book w/the cruise line, but their excursion was already full. I understand shore excursions may be less expensive than the cruise lines'.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35,484 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Yes - lots of penguin tours.

Shore excusrions will almost certainly be cheaper as the cruise line add a percentage to the cost.

It depends on which type of penguins you want to see, and how far you want to travel.

Many people go to Volunteer Point as there are 3 species there, including King, but it is a long, bumpy overland trip.

There are Magellanic penguins within sight of Stanley, which you can visit on a Nature Walk. I'd be surprised if the Walk is booked out - its probably the 4x4 trips to Volunteer Point thats overbooked. There are also at least 2 other locations within an hour of Stanley with penguins tours.

Are you on the Seaborne Sojourn?

Pittstown, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

yes .. Seabourn Sojourn. My husband booked the longer tour (King penguins), but I didn't want to do a 2.5 hr each way trip in a 4wd! So I'd go for the closer one, which was full, by the cruise line. Who can I contact, etc? Thankyou.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35,484 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
3. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

http://www.penguintravel-falklands.com/

Contact Sam Davies at Penguin Travel.

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
4. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

How do we reserve an excursion tour for 3 on Feb.18th 2015? our ship anchors there from 8:00 Am till 5:00.

We need to know prices and also we'd like to specifically see Majestic Penguins Volunteer Point if possible.

Thanks

Anita Lucero

aalucero1@msn.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
35,484 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
5. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Hi,

All tours and contacts are listed on the tourism site http://www.falklandislands.com

Also look at the CruiseCritic South America forum where several options are currently being discussed in a post "Penguin tours from Stanley "......

At Volunteer Point there are Magellanic, gentoo and King Penguins. No majestic. Cost is a couple of hundred dollars, maybe 300+

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
6. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

How can I get in touch with Patrick Watts and his Adventure Falklands? Please share his email or link. We will be on the Antartica Cruise on Celebrity Infinity next February 14, 2016. Will be in Port Stanley, Falkland Island on Feb 23, 2016, from 8 AM to 5 PM.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
35,484 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
7. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Hi,

Read post #5 below. Or the long post titled "Patrick Watts...".

8. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Greetings to Zambo28;

We too will be on the same Antartica cruise. We want to go to the King penguin rookery.

Have you had any luck to find a tour operator who will take you from the Infinity to the King penguin rookery's?

Do you, or other people have any suggestions of tour operators names who will take cruise ship passengers to the King penguin rookery?

We look forward to this wonderful cruise with nature loving people.

Thank you,

Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
32 helpful votes
10. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Hi Imnotyouthree

We tried numerous tour operators in the Falklands and all were booked, even the tourist information couldn't help us. Unfortunately we had to resort to booking the ship's tour.

Hope this helps!

Get answers to your questions about Stanley
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.