We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing Jersey road

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
133 reviews
67 helpful votes
Seeing Jersey road

We are on the Silver Moon which is docking in port Stanley tomorrow. It is our wish to go to Jersey road as we come from jersey but not sure if we can walk the distance. Are there any Jersey people there who could help us out, think getting a taxi might be difficult. Willing to pay a driver for the short drive there and back. Leonie

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
35,434 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Seeing Jersey road

Hi,

Up to a couple of years ago, I used to live in Jersey Road. It is about 500 metres from the jetty, past the Globe Tavern, and up Philomel Hill. On the left , just before the bypass.

It should take about 10 minutes, but it obviously depends on how you cope with the gradient.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
133 reviews
67 helpful votes
2. Re: Seeing Jersey road

Thank you for info. Did it and had a pin in the globe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35,434 posts
97 reviews
106 helpful votes
3. Re: Seeing Jersey road

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice the date of posting. Doh! Hope you enjoyed your visit.

I meant to say the bank, Standard Chartered, seems to be connected to Jersey.

The houses are very snug, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who was grateful to the people of Jersey for providing those houses.

Reply to: Seeing Jersey road
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stanley
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.