We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Hi Guys

I have not been over to my beloved Bali for 4 years now, much to my distress, but have managed to get the cheap return free tickets that Jetstar just put out and am staying at the Hotel Vila Lumbung for 7 nights from the beginning of June 2019. After reading some tips on the pages, I have noticed there's been a lot of comments about how busy Seminyak has now got. Just wanted to check this out, I think I will be ok as we can probably walk to most places in the local area, just wanted some other opinions.

Thanks in advance

14 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
1. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Very much enjoy Seminyak. We go in June/July and December. I don't have a problem with traffic; others go spare. Our accommodation is located on Jalan Kayu Aya which is very central (I think) and we walk everywhere but taxis are plentiful and economical for restaurants and shopping a little further North. And if I should want to go to Matahari in Kuta I always request the taxi to go via Sunset Road. And vice versa.

2. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 September 2018, 23:54

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Seminyak is super 💩 in more ways than not.

australia
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
4. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Well that's charming Janet.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

It has only become more busy each year with the booming global economy and low IDR.

Edited: 28 September 2018, 15:09
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
142 reviews
6. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

I don’t think it has changed that much in the past 4 years. Yes, the roads (traffic) are busy but it was like that 5 years ago. To go to a restaurant, bar, beach or just a walk it is no more busier than it used to be. You are staying in Petitenget area so everything is walkable, it will probably be your ride from the airport to Seminyak that will be painful - ish!

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Just returned from Bali and I can honestly say Ubud felt more busy then Seminyak. The vehicle traffic is worst in Seminyak for sure, but the sidewalks were less congested. At night it gets very busy since everyone in Seminyak is pretty much there for shopping or nightlife it seems like.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Sorry BaliAustralia, l just couldn’t resist my honest opinion. 🤭

12 posts
9. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

Only 2 visits to Bali and stayed at Sanur and Seminyak, we liked Seminyak much much more overall.

We found Sanur to dull for us but that is all personal.

Going back to Seminyak in 2 months and were staying in Seminyak again, it has got all we want and some great beach clubs to go to in the area to relax and swim.

Food much much better in Seminyak and affordable prices.

Level Contributor
327 posts
108 reviews
10. Re: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????

As per #6 @rachel.....traffic in Bali is terrible (probably same as 5 years ago) but can only get worse. Getting around in a vehicle in high traffic areas ie: Ubud, Seminyak, Kuta-Legian is very trying and requires patience. (eg: took 30+ min to get from bottom to top of Monkey Forest Rd.) Your idea of staying in a location where you can walk to restaurants, shopping, beach, nightlife etc. is well planned. Always factor in extra time when you are leaving by taxi to the airport for your return flight. Have fun in beautiful Bali.

Reply to: Is Seminyak as busy as everybody says????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted