We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks staying Bali.

3 posts
1 review
Two weeks staying Bali.

So we're planning a trip from September 24 to October 11.Two adults and 18 month old. As You know with a toddler accessibility is a must. We would like to stay around the beach and be able to walk to all the shops and cafés.We're thinking about splitting our stay, Two different locations maybe third..I would like your Opinion since I've never been.

First week at Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach. I believe this area fits are Criteria

Second week:I can't decide between KUTA and Sanur. I read that Canggu would also fit my criteria but it is very spread out.

as for Ubud , we are going to make it a day trip. I rather stay closer the coast.

Based on the FAQ We're probably not taking a stroller.

Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated

20 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

seminyak and kuta is pretty much the same and you can walk from seminyak to kuta if you want to so i would suggest you to stay in sanur instead.

Narangba, Australia
Level Contributor
874 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

With a little one, definitely Sanur. Water better for taking the baby in too.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

Sideman for a few nights even tho not on the ocean it is a pleasant change from the shops and crowds

You maybe glad you have a stroller just in case in many places.

australia
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
4. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

I don't know your alternative to a stroller for your baby but I'd suggest taking a stroller. And I think Sanur would be ideal.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

I would also opt for Sanur given the age of your little one....its much more family friendly

3 posts
1 review
6. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

Thanks for the response everyone. I'm looking into sanur right now.. Is Sanur Walkable area? Is there plenty of shops in cafés and Restaurants?

Most of the post I read said, Strollers were a big no-no because of the streets condition.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
866 reviews
7. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

I'd say stay at Sanur and then either at Kuta or Seminyak. Probably Kuta is better as it is more central. I agree with your decision not to stay at Ubud. The center of Ubud is getting to be a bit like Kuta but without the beach. Sanur is pretty flat, more relaxed than other beach areas and has shops, a beach path, calm seas and great restaurants and places to stop for a drink near the beach.

8. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2018, 21:08

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,134 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

Wayan, please note that advertising and self promotion are not permitted on the forums. Thank you..

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Two weeks staying Bali.

Sanur is accessible.

The 5km long beach path is excellent for walking, strolling, though can be busy at peak hour, early morning, late afternoon/evening.

The path runs mostly parrallel to the main road Jl Tamblingan, which has all the shops and so on.

Yes that road has dodgy footpaths. The beach side of the main road foot path is less crowded and more manageable.

The beach is 100m to 200m away.

Generally I walk along the beach path and cut back into the main road and access it that way.

There are some small lanes that connects the two though most people walk through a hotel to get from one to the other.

In your situation I would stay at a hotel that is between the beach and the main road, in other words: beach front and main road entrance.

Griya Santrian, Puri Santrian are two such examples, which are also at opposite ends of Sanur.

Accomodation on the other side of the main toad Jl Tsmblingan gets cheaper the more you head inland.

Reply to: Two weeks staying Bali.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted