We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

Canberra, Australia
4 posts
Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

Hi

We are travelling to Bali in November with 2 kids 7 and 8. Staying at the Padma Legian and want to spend some time shopping and eating out in Seminyak. Is it possible to walk from the Padma to the area of Seminyak with shops, restuarants etc? Alternatively, how long would it take in a taxi? Given the traffic would it be quicker to walk? Many thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

63Sissy78 It really depends on which part of Seminyak you want to go to. If it's around the Bintang supermarket area then you could walk along the beach from the Padma, then head up Jalan 66 and onto Jalan Raya Seminyak (main street of Seminyak). But if you want to go to 'eat st', Jalan Kayu Aya, Jalan Oberoi or Jalan Petigenget, (where all the fab restaurants and boutique shops are) then you would need to get a Bluebird taxi. The traffic can get very heavy around Bintang supermarket area and then heading into 'eat st', but with two kids I think I would opt for a taxi.

Edited: 04 June 2018, 16:01
Canberra
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

I walk from Legian to Seminyak and back.

Capalaba, Australia
Level Contributor
557 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

I agree with Elizabeth96, its easily walk-able but with 2 kids and in the heat I would grab a bluebird for the $3 or less.

Grab the bluebird app and input your location then where you want to go and itll give you an approx price.

Then run into the street and grab a cab

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
163 reviews
4. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

We the kids i would grab a Bluebird taxi.

The humidity in November is very high.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

If staying at Padma then a $2 taksi will be in budget and avoid a painful walk with younguns.

Narangba, Australia
Level Contributor
875 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak

We were there in September staying at Mandira across from Padma with kids 7 and 10. Found they were happy to walk for around 30-40 mins in the heat before getting weary and whinging. Humidity in November will be worse! Guess it depends on your kids and the route you take when walking as beachfront walking isn't as bad as through the streets in regards to feeling really hot.

Reply to: Best we to get from Legian to Seminyak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted