We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

I have been going to Amp Spa in Jalan Petitenget for years and years and I just love it for its gorgeous decor, professional treatments, cleanliness and the lovely staff. I am heading back to Bali next month, but will be staying in Legian and do not really want to travel all the way to Jalan Petitenget and be stuck in traffic. Can anyone recommend a salon in Legian or even main street of Seminyak similar to Amo - upmarket, professional etc. Has anyone tried Glo Day Spa in Jalan Kunti in Seminyak? Thanks in advance.

11 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
163 reviews
1. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Hi Elizabeth,have a look at Cocoon Spa,i have not had a treatment however picked up price list and had a little look.Looks lovely and relaxing.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Hi Elizabeth, AMO has now moved to Canggu so you would be travelling further if you did decide to go! I can’t recommend one in Legian but wish I could, sorry!

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Thanks Tracey I'll take a look at Cocoon.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

RachelM I knew Amo had opened another salon at Canggu but thought they still had the salon in Petitenget. My gosh I was only there in March. Damn! Now even further to go if I want to go to Amo.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

I know, me too Elizabeth 😔

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

RachelM I emailed Amo last night and while they have moved the main operation to Canggu, the owners have opened Clever Creatures where Amo in Jalan Petitenget was. Same businessm so same treatments except for full body massages, which you obviously must have go to the Canggu salon for. So happy that I can still visit the Petitenget location. I have also been researching Spring Spa above Seminyak Village shopping centre, but their services are more expensive.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
142 reviews
7. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Hi elizabeth, I went to clever creatures but it’s not the same 😔 it was okay but nowhere near as good as it used to be and if you walk past you would misss it almost as it’s painted in pink colours with graffiti style all over it. I had a pedicure and it was okay but I wouldn’t get any of the treatments that AMO used to offer done there. Staff aren’t as qualified as it was when AMO. If you have a spare morning I would still make the visit to AMO as it really is beautiful (new location) and the staff and services offered are great but it’s just getting there and back that’s a pain! If you are in Seminyak area I would still go to spring, it’s very very good! My massage was $27AUD so yes a little more but not much 😊

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Thanks RachelM wow what a disappointment that Clever Creatures is just not as good as Amo. I'm staying in Legian and have limited time as I'm minding my grandson who lives in Bali, so Canggu is out of the question. Bodyworks at Seminyak looks good and gets great reviews, I think I'll go there. Have you been?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
173 reviews
9. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Hi Elizabeth,

I just tried Acqua Perla Spa at Double Six hotel and it was fabulous.

Great environment and wonderful well trained staff.

They are running a 20 % special and 50% off subsequent bookings.

Might be worth a look,

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian

Thanks brightSide I will definitely check out this spa. However I think I'm leaning towards Spring Spa at Seminyak.

Edited: 25 May 2018, 16:34
Reply to: Similar salon to Amo Spa but in Legian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted